Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was hard for me to find pictures of a non-striped TruFiber GTS hood in any forum I belong too, so I'm posting the pictures of my car for everyone. I just got it back from the body shop.

The rear photo shows my other exterior mods: GT500 spoiler, Blackout Panel, Black tail light panels, 1968 Mustang script emblem, and the GT500 splash guards.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Really nice looking! :bigthumbsup
Hawaii? sheesh, :laugh:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey, I have a question. I am looking at getting that hood. I have heard you have to leave the hood in the sun for a period of time. Do you know why? I think it has something to do with the gel coat.
By the way your car looks awesome! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sun Drying

Hey, I have a question. I am looking at getting that hood. I have heard you have to leave the hood in the sun for a period of time. Do you know why? I think it has something to do with the gel coat.
By the way your car looks awesome! :bigthumbsup
I've read that in a post a while back too. They said it had something to do with either having the fiberglass or gelcoat set, similar to paint flashing time. A reply to that post attempted to dispell that information however. I'm not sure what to believe.

I do know that my car was in the body shop for 5 weeks, and I know they set it out in the sun during the body work. I just figured it was for the bodywork they did, and not necessarily to set the fiberglass or gelcoat.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply! That is kind of what I thought. Don't know much about body work. Will just ask when I get it to the body shop. Man that hood just makes that car look tough. I can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
713 Posts
very nice!...must really suck cruising around the island in that baby!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Your stang looks great! :cooldude: I like the look without the stripes. Have you done any mods under the hood?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i love the car and love the color even more :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cruising on Oahu

very nice!...must really suck cruising around the island in that baby!
Here are a few of the things that we deal with, and why it is very frustating to live in hawaii with a nice car you want to keep clean:

1) The speed limit in many main highways is 35 mph...for real. That just means there is more probable cause to be pulled over, not that people will be. Most people drive safely enough in those area's at 55 mph too.

2) It rains ALL YEAR!!! The weather forcast is ALWAYS "isolated showers", except when it's already raining.

3) It is very difficult to drive fast SAFELY (without weaving in and out of traffic) at 60+ mph. There aren't enough lanes on the Freeways (usually 3 lanes) to allow for faster traffic. People who do are safty hazards here.

4) People are not trained how to drive properly or many people disregard common road courtesy. i.e. moving to the right to allow faster traffic to pass. Many people in Hawaii don't know what a "fast lane" is.

5) The majority of relatively affordable AND decent neighborhoods that you can live in don't have covered parking. You're car has to be parked out in the sun.

There are others, but all in all, it is truly great to live in Hawaii. When the sun is shinning, it's a beautiful drive and a wonderful place to be.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No Mechanical Mods

Your stang looks great! :cooldude: I like the look without the stripes. Have you done any mods under the hood?
I'm under the 6 year warranty with 5 years left to go. I've asked dealer several times about performance upgrades, and they always say the usual "if the mod is shown to have caused...". I've decided that I'll wait until there's only 1 year left on my warranty to begin performance mods.

The only mod I've done is to install Flowmaster American Thunders. An aftermarket exhaust is manditory on GT's. I couldn't hear the engine when I took delivery, and I was extremly dissappointed in the car. I had the exhaust installed the day after delivery. The V8 sound is why I chose this car over two other cars: Acura TL and Infinity G35.

I do have a shopping list though...LOL :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Very nice looking car...Love that hood :bigthumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.