Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, all you exhaust system guru's out there. I have a question. I am thinking of making a change to what I have. Currently I have the stock h and Pypes Violators. I hear a lot of good things about the Pypes Mid Muffler system. My questions are as follows:

-I want louder that what I have what do you think will give better sound (Don't like raspy)?
- Changing out the mid-pipe for the Bassani Modular X or
- Change out to the Pypes Mid-Muffler?

- If I get the mid-muffler system do I need anything else? What happens to the stock cats and the rest of the system? Does it come with the full pipe setup from stock headers back?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Ok, all you exhaust system guru's out there. I have a question. I am thinking of making a change to what I have. Currently I have the stock h and Pypes Violators. I hear a lot of good things about the Pypes Mid Muffler system. My questions are as follows:

-I want louder that what I have what do you think will give better sound (Don't like raspy)?
- Changing out the mid-pipe for the Bassani Modular X or
- Change out to the Pypes Mid-Muffler?

- If I get the mid-muffler system do I need anything else? What happens to the stock cats and the rest of the system? Does it come with the full pipe setup from stock headers back?
The mid-muffler system does not replace the H. It just replaces from the overaxles on back. I ran one for a very short time--hated it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where do the can mufflers go then? I thought they were about mid car.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, ok thanks. What did you not like about them? Too loud or just didn't sound good?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Oh, ok thanks. What did you not like about them? Too loud or just didn't sound good?
Way too loud... But keep in mind that I have long tube headers and an O/R X pipe. With an otherwise stock exhaust they might not be too bad.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input.

·
0 Posts
Use LT headers with a matching h-pipe that has hi flo cats and then use some SLP Loudmouths.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.