Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new set of stingers yesterday and the tips hang too low :anianger: I've done an axleback before and ended up bending the hangars but I don't want to do that on these stingers if I can avoid it. I did my homework and tried the trick where you loosen the overaxle pipe and twisted but the muffler tips but it moved them about a 1/4" but I need to go another 1/2" or so.

Any ideas? :headscratch:

On the plus side though, the new stingers sound bad ass!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Just bend them, probably the easiest route:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
ive had this prob with the bassani ss axlebacks. i did research and found there s amnufactors issue with there hangers. so when i also installed my xpipe i just adjusted it form the xpipe.

you gotta do some tugging and turning from the xpipe to align the axlebacks. then when a buddy fo urs says it looks good u hold it in the postion u tugged the xpipe into and tighten it.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
If the H pipe trick didn't work, I think you're stuck bending them. Are you 100% certain you have the hangers bolted on in the right configuration?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
100% sure.

I noticed that my tips stick out a lot more than pics that i've seen on this board of axlebacks. I'm thinking the prochamber is longer than the stock mid-pipe. Anyone else with a prochamber?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I purchased a set of stingers some time ago and had the same problem. The tips were way too low and the metal hangers were touching the metal on the hanger brackets. Needless to say I returned them the next day and reinstalled my slp's.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
100% sure.

I noticed that my tips stick out a lot more than pics that i've seen on this board of axlebacks. I'm thinking the prochamber is longer than the stock mid-pipe. Anyone else with a prochamber?
Do you have any room to slide the overaxle pipes forward? There's usually a little room where they meet the midpipe.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I purchased a set of stingers some time ago and had the same problem. The tips were way too low and the metal hangers were touching the metal on the hanger brackets. Needless to say I returned them the next day and reinstalled my slp's.
I did have to dremel off a portion of the front hanger on the drivers side to keep it from hitting the back of the car..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.