Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the FRPP X Pipe on my 07 GT/CS but I had probs with the fit. I cut the downpipes exactly per the instructions but i couldn't slide the X Pipe over the ends because of the splay angle. I ended up cutting the downpipes 1- 1/2" shorter and butting up the x Pipe to the end of the downpipes. Now I have a slight rattle from the rear exhaust pipes on the underside of the body at certain revs. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have on on my car which the previous owner installed and it fits perfect. no rattles and the pipes fit in their correct places perfect.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
You may have to have them welded. I would look around and make sure the clamps are tight and the pipes haven't sliped a little.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same part and the same problem on my 07. I have noticed that the mufflers stick out further now and I think the hanger is rattling against something or that maybe the exhaust that bends up over the axle maybe hitting the body where the spare is. I just haven' had the chance to get under there and trim it up at the x pipe end.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
like STL said check if ur Xpipe is upside down. i had this prob on a buddys car and we flipped it over and it fit perfect.

·
Registered
99 Posts
had the same problem with mine, ended up being the clamps of the axle backs hitting against the spare tire area under the car, make sure there enough clearance around the exhaust

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I put the FRPP X Pipe on my 07 GT/CS but I had probs with the fit. I cut the downpipes exactly per the instructions but i couldn't slide the X Pipe over the ends because of the splay angle.
You have to disconnect one side from the header or exhaust manifold, slip the X on, then reconnect everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.