Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in December I found the Mustang GT I was looking for, minus the heated front seats. I was told by someone who shall remain nameless (my wife) but not blameless that "we don't really need heated seats"... Needless to say it finally got cold in NY, enough for her to say "maybe we DO need heated seats" (and she shall eat her words everytime, too...).

At any rate, does anyone have any idea (since I haven't purchased the service manual yet for the car) how difficult it would be to add the FACTORY heated seats into the car? I'm interested in factory mainly because I want to avoid as many aftermarket connections/splicing as possible, and I would think it's the best way, even though the OEM units are simply On or Off (no high or low settings).

- What has to get added?
- Are the junction boxes under the hood dash pre-wired in all cars to just add the proper relays?
- Are there "add-on" harnesses for the heat option, or is a whole new harness/section needed?
- Benefits (if anyone's gotten them) to aftermarket heated seats as opposed to OEM?

(So all who reply know: GT Premium, leather seats, power driver seat only, side air bags in both seats.)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Dmooch where on the island r u? Id say call up your dealer and find out, im sure they can give u a quote. I hope your dealer is NOT syosset ford and if it is you need to pm me asap. If not you must never take your car their or call them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in E. Islip, bought the car from Ramp in Port Jeff, closest dealers are Newins or Sayville.

The salesman mentioned they could put in the heaters, but I decided to hold off on it. Plus, I'm mechanically inclined, have plenty of the right tools and could most likely do it myself if Ford had an OEM add-on.

Just looking for guidance here.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got mine done at my dealer and were about $500 including install. I would probably advise against doing it yourself though. It just seems like something that I'd want done professionally to prevent damage to my seats and electrical.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I got to tell you they work great. I did order them so I can't help you there. I would look at how the seat covers are installed. You don't want to screw them up. The electric and wiring is not a problem.

Good luck

·
Registered
635 Posts
I want the 07 pass electric set in my 06 - anyone?

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Heated seats are one of a few options I really wish were avaialble in '05, particularly in the verts. If any of you do get heated seats after purchase (meaning not with the car), please give details regarding the seats, such as cost, quality, effectiveness, ease of use etc. That is one option (as well as the cloth top) that would highly interest me, even if is not an '05 option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts