Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i currently have a 2007 mustang gt with jba long tube headers, borla catback exhaust, jba mid pipe with high flow cats, imrc delete plates, jlt cold air intake, bama chips tune, 4.10 gears, and a "100 shot" zex wet kit" I have two questions how much horsepower do you think i have?( i have had ppl tell me everything from (460-560)
Secondly do you think that i could beat an sti that only has a chip and exhaust? i know there awd and will always win off the line but in the quarter mile or from a 20mph roll who do u think would win... thx guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ps it was the guys down at jdm that said i with the mods i have im prolly pushin 420 without the 100 shot so let me know what ur thinkin

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I think they over-estimated your power, even at the crank, and certainly at the wheels, but you may be putting down around 400hp, IMO. That said, I think you'll kill the sti as long as you drive decent.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Oh yeah they def over estimated your power, your probably anywhere from 295-315rwhp depending on tune and then throw in the 100 shot and Im sure your at 400rwhp. If you spray on the STI, then you will kill him for sure as long as your on your game. Without the shot you may be in a little bit of trouble but he wouldnt beat ya by too much. They are very very quick off the line bone stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys thats exactly what i thought .......everyone tells me even with a 75 shot i would beat the slightly modded sti

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
"Slightly modded STI"?

LOL, HOW slightly modded?

If he has the right parts on that turbo, it can be putting out gobs of power with only "slight modifications".

As for your power levels, I agree, you are probably putting out about 420hp (with nitrous) at the crank, ASSUMING your tune for nitrous is spot on. Your rwhp depends on whether you are running a manual or auto tranny. You will lose between 10-15% (the condition of the clutch can also get involved) in the driveline with a 5 speed, and closer to 20% with the auto.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea pretty much everything is stock on the sti except hes chipped to run 17 psi instead of 12 n has a slight exhaust modification ive seen that doesnt look that special

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
That "slight exhaust mod" can make a huge difference, and the jump to 17 psi from 12 psi is 42.5% more boost, that's gonna make a difference. I still think you should take him, but its gonna be a driving contest, and he should come out of the hole like he was shot out of a cannon if he's got any skill, just keep your head and make your shifts well, you'll have to play pacman, but I think you'll get him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.