Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice on how to fix ECM codes 171 and 174. The mustang suddenly stalls and It barely moves then after I press the gas pedal several times it starts working good again. My mechanic scanned the ECM and he gave the codes and told me that engine is running too lean on both banks! I already swapped the MAF sensor but it didnt help! when the car is running ok all the O sensors work ok too but when the car stalls none of the O-sensors work as they should! I already cleaned the Fuel injectors and replaced the fuel filter. I need some advice on how to solve this problem.:scratchchin

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2007 Mustang CAI, X pipe, Bassani Exhaust, Stock Tune. I bought the mustang with these accesories so I dont know the brand of the CAI but it looks like K&N. It is a good quality filter that's for sure!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks for your advice. I want to buy a supercharger and I like the Edelbrock what do you think about it? Which one would you recommend me ? I was also thinking on a turbocharger but so far superchargers looks like my best option. :bigthumbsup

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
That's a good choice... Do your research. There are a lot of threads on superchargers in here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was looking a JDM Engineering products and the Airfilter that has my mustang is the same as the one they sell so thats the brand and they say that it requires retune! The car start to have this problem when a mechanic scanned the computer and I am guessing that he probably erased the performance tune so thats why the car started to have this problems.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem solved!

The performance airfilter was causing the problems! I need to tune my mustang. Right now it has the stock airfilter assy and it is working a way better than the aftermarket and the engine codes are gone.:bigthumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.