Ford Mustang Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
you don't have to take it out to install the shifter but it help's if you have two people. there was a post in this thread where a member took out the console. he said it was a couple of screw's took about five minute's. here's a pic of the factory knob that was in my 07. it's heavy.

Attachments

· Registered
1,455 Posts
I must be one of the few that doesn't mind the stock shifter. I found after a few thousand miles it had a real nice feel and the throw distance is fine for me. I've never missed a shift at the track. I leave the gas pedal to the floor when I pull gears and never have problems finding the correct gear. :)

· Registered
866 Posts
I started with the white ball, then went to the T-handle. Now I have a pistol grip. I love it. I recommend it for anyone who races the car.

Attachments

· Registered
56 Posts
I must be one of the few that doesn't mind the stock shifter. I found after a few thousand miles it had a real nice feel and the throw distance is fine for me. I've never missed a shift at the track. I leave the gas pedal to the floor when I pull gears and never have problems finding the correct gear. :)
Hey, a fellow Canuck. What track to you got to around Edmonton?

· Registered
56 Posts
It's easier if you take it out but not required.
+1

The Steeda Triax has a huge base so getting the rubber boot on properly would have taken me a looooong time. The Hurst style looks to have a smaller base like the stock shifter. I really had not choice to ensure it was installed properly so it would not get filled with road goo.

· Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
stl wagon thank's for all the help. when i get that way home again it's been a long time. i grew up in virginia and have family in maryland and virginia. i want to see the car of your's. my 8 year old son has laid claim to my 07. i'm not allowed to get ride of it.

· Registered
1,455 Posts
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.