Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting at an intersection and some dude rear ended me, luckily the bumper is not damaged, actually nothing is damaged, the hit felt a bit hard but looking from behind theres no damage to my bumper at all, theres only 2 little cracks. I got all his infos to claim the accident but when i think about it, the damage is not much and doesnt worth reporting to my insurance because i dont want my car has a title of accident in its history and this was kinda like a nudge than accident. So should i worry about this or let it go :headscratch:

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would get it taken care of. Never know if there is damage you can't see. Why pay out of your pocket for someone else's fault? :headscratch:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your right but the hit wasnt much and i know thats the only damage, i will actually claim it because im going to keep her and not planning to sell so i dont care if it get accident on its history

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, you are really lucky. i tried to open your pic, it said invalid something
You were 2 second earl, LoL I just edited the pics to circle the damage so i removed the old and put the new one, try it now

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
now it opened, must be this computer at work, i`m on dial up. that doesnt look too bad, but man, what a bummer. i would check really good behind it, even to get the bumper re-done is a couple hundred or more. see if the guy would just pay instead of turning it in?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Plus you need to have the parts under the bumper cover checked, even with a mnor bump the "shocks" under there can become compressed and will not work properly the next time an inattentive numnuts hits you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I agree, before i went in the military I spent my life as a Tear-down tech/ body man for a high quality collision shop. You never know with whats behind that bumper. Its plastic and they can take a lot and will pop right back into shape. Behind it is the reinforcement bar and your trunk pan. An easy quick way to check is to take your trunk carpet and spare tire out and look to ensure nothing is pushed in. If it all looks good there, Pull the bumper off make sure that rebar isn't bent or has damaged anything else. If everything is ok, I'd just see if the guy would pay out of pocket to repair the minor bumper damage.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I would take it to a shop you know and just have them take a quick look just to make sure everything is a O.K. Then I would call the guy up and tell him its gonna cost $200 and if he will just give you the cash, you won't report it. That is probably less then his deductible anyways, and he won't want his insurence going up. Then use that $200 for mod money.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
89 Posts
This happened with my wife's VW when she got rear ended. Initially, she did not see any damage, but got the guys details just in case. A few days passed by when she noticed a slight crease on either side of the c pillar. She thought it was impossible that such a small "nudge" would create such a crease. Upon taking it to the shop, she was told that even the slightest of nudges could cause some sort of distortion on the car. She went to her insurance company and we ended up claiming from their insurance company. I believe the cost to fix the damage was about $3000.

The moral of the story?

Don't buy VW.

Just kidding. Get it checked out.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone. The police was not on the scene and never reported.
WoW i didnt know alot of the infos you guys provided, thanks a lot. I will definitely go to a shop and let them take a look behind the bumpr to see if theres additional damage. Getting money from the dude who hit me is a great idea, i can use it on other mods as "sixers007h" said :gringreen

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I think was STL might be getting at is might not go on the carfax type history in your state without a police report.

In NY you are supposed to file a DMV accident report within 2 days, that's what actually gets the accident report on the history, not the insurance company. I happen to work for one, in computers though.

I would get it checked out through your insurance, that's a nice looking car and like you said you plan to keep it, may as well keep it as nice as possible. Just keep the documentation so you can explain anything on the carfax history.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
I would have at least got a police report. Then if something is found that cost $$$ to repair, you would have that to fall back on if needed by the ins. company.

·
Registered
51 Posts
ALWAYS get an estimate...you'd be SURPRISED how much damage and the cost to fix a little bump would be......

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
ALWAYS get an estimate...you'd be SURPRISED how much damage and the cost to fix a little bump would be......
+1 on that!!!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just claimed my report. They said to bring my car to icbc (insurance) and they will see how much the damage is and cost. Tried to call the guy who hit me but he don't answer. Thanks all again for the help.
Btw someone changed my topic to Mustang GT :scratchchin My baby is v6 guys :gringreen

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Btw someone changed my topic to Mustang GT :scratchchin My baby is v6 guys :gringreen
For what you've got sunk into that V6 car I could probably sell you a nice supercharged GT.;)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For what you've got sunk into that V6 car I could probably sell you a nice supercharged GT.;)
I did rush a bit to buy my car, I easily could buy a GT now maybe even cheaper than what I paid for mine but for some reason this car is attached to me that Hp doesn't matter anymore, it's just the car itself I love.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.