Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have my car tuned by triangle speed shop, which they use SCT....when i had it tuned they cleared the light for the O.R. x pipe, but i guess something went wrong, because now my car shows NO CEL's when i scan it at work............the other day number 6 cylinder was DEAD (fouled a plug).......i unplugged injectors until i determined the dead cylinder, and it STILL never threw a light. (which it should). i got to work and hooked the IDS (scan tool) up to the car, and it had absolutely NO codes in it at all. im worried about this because i would like for my car to still let me know if anything is wrong. any help guys?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Wow I haven't a clue. Do you have a tunner? If so does it read any codes? If not do you know anyone with one and you could check? Just manufactor a simple oh poop (Pull a plug etc) Try the tunner scan see if it reads a code. If not then........

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had a coil fail sunday and didn't get any codes from that. I'm thinking it doesn't recognize it myself.:headscratch:

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I had a coil fail sunday and didn't get any codes from that. I'm thinking it doesn't recognize it myself.:headscratch:
I think if the coil was getting no voltage it would trip a missfire code. Probably was just getting enough to keep from setting the DTC.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
It should show a bad coil. I had the code pop up twice in February, turned out it was the spark plugs. I do not remember the code number off the top of my head. But it did say coil with a bunch of other stuff when I took a look with the hand held.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
One thing you could try is put that fouled plug back in there, flash back to stock, run the engine. If you hear it missing and it throws a code, your new tune erased something it shouldn't have. Other than that, I have no clue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
One thing you could try is put that fouled plug back in there, flash back to stock, run the engine. If you hear it missing and it throws a code, your new tune erased something it shouldn't have. Other than that, I have no clue.
I agree. When you tune it, you are changing the air/fuel ratio and it also reads the charge different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.