Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a few people ask me how the JBA headers and H-Pipe fit on my car. Other than the subtle issue I had with the collectors touching the frame rail...the overall fit and finish is fantastic. I was able to resolve the issue by using a prybar to massage the collectors away form the frame. I just installed my Magnaflow Metallic cats. JBA uses an inferior ceramic cat. I attached a few pictures of the final install.

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also note if you have a lowered car...the JBA exhaust runs closer to the frame that the factory exhaust. You cannot see the headers or pipes from the side of the car :)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I remebr you in one of the threads saying your having issues with your JBA LT's. Man i felt bad for you. All that stress and headaches for a LT install.

You prob wanted to chuck them headers lol. But im glad to hear you got your issue resovled. Your car looks very good! Love the black Stripes!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About $95 a piece or about $200 for both shipped from Summit. :)
The ceramic cats shipped would have been about $150. I went with your advice Mark on the metallic cats. I can't believe how small they are! Sounds real good now. It got rid of the trumpeting and raspyness too.

Nice! I really like those cats. How much for a pair?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah...I was a bit miffed when I 1st installed them because they tapped the frame rail. The fix only took a few minutes. All in all it was not that bad. I really like how tight they are to the car. I don't have to worry about smacking the headers or cats on speedbumps :)

I remebr you in one of the threads saying your having issues with your JBA LT's. Man i felt bad for you. All that stress and headaches for a LT install.

You prob wanted to chuck them headers lol. But im glad to hear you got your issue resovled. Your car looks very good! Love the black Stripes!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Same with my KOOKs LTs. I noticed how they dont hang down like alot of LT's do. There up in there. So no clearance issues.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kooks are awesome. I've heard nothing but good things about their products.

Same with my KOOKs LTs. I noticed how they dont hang down like alot of LT's do. There up in there. So no clearance issues.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Kooks are awesome. I've heard nothing but good things about their products.
Yes. Im very happy with them. They also sound great. When i jsut had my bassani O/R xpipe and axlebacks the car was very loud. But when i put my KOOKs LTs and KOOKs O/R Xpipe, the car is very loud but in a tone way. Its still got the rasp but has alot more tone as well. I like it alot.

Im waiting on my Drag Radials to come in and then i wanna go to the track and see what i can run. Gunna be going their with 100octane and my tuner told me i can go into my SCT and up my timing by 2 degrees with the 100octane. So i cant wait to see what times i get.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
About $95 a piece or about $200 for both shipped from Summit. :)
The ceramic cats shipped would have been about $150. I went with your advice Mark on the metallic cats. I can't believe how small they are! Sounds real good now. It got rid of the trumpeting and raspyness too.
That really insn't a bad price for metallic.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree. The Dynacat metallic cats are almost 200 each. I'm happy with the Magnaflows too. 5 year warranty isn't bad either :)

That really insn't a bad price for metallic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.