Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. How often should I change the filter and when I change it is there a particular kind that I should get? The only reason I ask is because I brought the car into the dealer for 15,000 mile service and when I took the CAI off it was dirty. Not terribly, but getting there. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,505 Posts
Change it??? You mean clean it, right?? Get a K&N cleaning/reoiling kit from Autozone. Every 15-20k seems to be pretty good unless you're in a really dusty area.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is why I ask these questions haha. So these things never need to be changed just cleaned?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,505 Posts
This is why I ask these questions haha. So these things never need to be changed just cleaned?
That's the general idea. I would recommend you pick up a spare 4" x 9" cone filter so you don't have to worry about downtime when you clean it.

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
the upside to having a dry filter is that you don't need to worry about over oiling or under oiling your filter.

·
Registered
920 Posts
The filter JLT uses is made by S&B filters. You can buy a cleaning/reoiling kit from their website (S&B Filters) for $15. The nice thing about their kit is you measure out the required amount of oil for your filter to avoid over oiling. You can also get the oil in blue if you want another option than red.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Are those dryflow filters universal. That is, does the same size fit JLT, K and N, C and L, etc?

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.