Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night my buddy's '07 mustang gt lost one of it's rear brake calipers while he was do 70mph on the freeway. The caliper feel off tore the line so he had no brakes at all when he was getting off the freeway even the e-brake was gone and with no fluid in the res. the clutch was gone.
His car only has 1000mi on it and has never had the wheels off of it so he took it to Ford and told them what happend and after looking at it they said there is no way it could do that,that he must have taken it apart and broke some thing or not put it together wrong .
he told them to look at it you can tell nothing has been touched.
They said it doesn't matter because there is no way for that to happen .
My question is has this happend to any one else out there?

·
Registered
352 Posts
something sounds fishing about it. I've never heard of a caliper falling off, anything is possible, but I would have to agree that someone fooled around with it to make it fall off. gla noone was hurt, how did he stop the car.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
last night my buddy's '07 mustang gt lost one of it's rear brake calipers while he was do 70mph on the freeway. The caliper feel off tore the line so he had no brakes at all when he was getting off the freeway even the e-brake was gone and with no fluid in the res. the clutch was gone.
His car only has 1000mi on it and has never had the wheels off of it so he took it to Ford and told them what happend and after looking at it they said there is no way it could do that,that he must have taken it apart and broke some thing or not put it together wrong .
he told them to look at it you can tell nothing has been touched.
They said it doesn't matter because there is no way for that to happen .
My question is has this happend to any one else out there?
Your buddy is screwed. Calipers don't just fall off. Ford won't pay a dime for the repair.

·
Registered
588 Posts
yeah, that looks like an assassination attempt. I would look into the ex-girlfriend or the current girlfriends' ex-boyfriend. You'll have better luck that way than with Ford.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm with Ford on this one. That can not "just happen". Someone had a hand in that caliper coming off, now you need to find out who and why.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
yeah, that looks like an assassination attempt. I would look into the ex-girlfriend or the current girlfriends' ex-boyfriend. You'll have better luck that way than with Ford.
although this has serious implications.... i found this post very comical, lol.....

but seriously dude... how did he stop the car? is your buddy okay? thats really what matters.

Ford will find a way to stick it up your bung-hole whenever they can... even if the caliper did magically fall off without any tampering.... there has got to be more to this story then you told us or is that really it?

For this reason im glad I dont have any pissed off ex girlfriends... just stick to casual stuff :shigrin I cant make it with a girl longer then a month... although I once made it through 6 whole months, lol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
update for everyone the dealer looked the car over and replaced everything (warranty)had the car back to him in two days, needless to say my friend is very happy ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.