Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Corrine"(named after my grandmother)... she handles better, is faster, and more powerful than her former self. she's also louder and much more prettier. the pics don't do her justice! the big brakes will be on in a couple of months, but so far she has the following... steeda ultimate power pack, 4:10 gears, magnaflow tru x pipe, steeda axle back, steeda stage 2 handling pack, steeda pentars, steeda billet control arms, heavy duty upper strut mounts, panhard bar and brace, upper third link, and more billet on the inside. also has the carbon fiber inlet tube! man, she handles so much better, and i don't have dyno numbers, but she is wicked wild now. :gringreen i attacted some pics, hope you like her, cause i damn sure do!!! the pics don't do her justice, but i'll take better ones tomorrow!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hey that is my daughter's name!!:happyhapp

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
cool! i lot of guys chose to add a lot of cosmetic changes, but i think she looks best original as far as body lines. i see all kinds of body kits on stangs and it's not my style at all. hope you guys actually think she's a hot mama!:scratchchin

Attachments

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I don't care much for aftermarket body kits. I do like the clean look of a stock S197 or a fairly stock S197 with a just few mods. But you have taken that to the extreme, with no spoiler and one of the most sedate body colors and your choice of completely blacked out rims. To me you went maybe one step too far. The car looks pretty good and you have added nice performance mods with a purpose. But you either need to add more black to accent the black rims (either some black stripes or a black shaker hoodscoop and black rear panel between the taillights) or need to switch to some polished aluminum rims to add a touch of flash. Otherwise the car looks a little too drab to me, like you're trying really hard for it to be a "sleeper".

(This suggestion brought to you by the guy with the very unobtrusive torch red GT500 with black stripes.)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Nice mods you added... Should be a lot more fun to drive. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
971 Posts
I don't care much for aftermarket body kits. I do like the clean look of a stock S197 or a fairly stock S197 with a just few mods. But you have taken that to the extreme, with no spoiler and one of the most sedate body colors and your choice of completely blacked out rims. To me you went maybe one step too far. The car looks pretty good and you have added nice performance mods with a purpose. But you either need to add more black to accent the black rims (either some black stripes or a black shaker hoodscoop and black rear panel between the taillights) or need to switch to some polished aluminum rims to add a touch of flash. Otherwise the car looks a little too drab to me, like you're trying really hard for it to be a "sleeper".

(This suggestion brought to you by the guy with the very unobtrusive torch red GT500 with black stripes.)
Hey Gary, you're givin him all my ideas! I gotta Vapor Metallic due in a few weeks and what you say above is pretty much exactly what I have planned. I have the wheels already. Gonna add a black chin spoiler, black quarter window louvers (I think), black fuel door, and maybe the Boss stripe kit......don't want to overdo it with the black tho so will do a little at a time to try a find good balance.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Your car is looking real nice. Nice little package under the hood also.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

not tryin at all to make it look like a "sleeper". i just see to many mustangs with strips or blackout this and that and i don't choose to go that route. i'm no racer nor am i flashy and to me plain is good! besides i'm not one of the kids that wanna go out and get exactly the same thing that someone else says is "the best" looking or sounding or whatever! hey to each his own, i guess that what makes our stangs unique and Corrine is my vision of unique! even as conservative as she is!!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Do you think you could put up some bigger, more blurred pictures? Just kidding. A little.

You have a nice-looking car. Congratulations on choosing substance over flash. Plain doesn't always mean a lack of imagination, just as confidence doesn't always mean correctness.

Just one thing: If it was convenient, I'd do without a fuel door at all. Emphasizing a necessary evil by choosing a contrasting color for a disruptive shape on an otherwise well-executed flow of lines down the side of an S197 Mustang smacks of "Everest syndrome": Why do you climb it? "Because it's there"; why do you add a billet fuel door in a discontinuous color? "Because I can".

Nice car already. Don't listen to anyone but yourself; fit your car to who you are.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you think you could put up some bigger, more blurred pictures? Just kidding. A little.

You have a nice-looking car. Congratulations on choosing substance over flash. Plain doesn't always mean a lack of imagination, just as confidence doesn't always mean correctness.

Just one thing: If it was convenient, I'd do without a fuel door at all. Emphasizing a necessary evil by choosing a contrasting color for a disruptive shape on an otherwise well-executed flow of lines down the side of an S197 Mustang smacks of "Everest syndrome": Why do you climb it? "Because it's there"; why do you add a billet fuel door in a discontinuous color? "Because I can".

Nice car already. Don't listen to anyone but yourself; fit your car to who you are.
thanks for the comment dude and thanks to all the other guys that get where i'm coming from with the look of "my car". :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
917 Posts
I love the look of your car. Definately not overdone and looks real clean. Congrats and enjoy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.