Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took me about 3 days. I kinda did a half-a$$ed job because I am getting real aftermarket wheels in a few months.

picture199ik0.jpg picture204la3.jpg picture202wb5.jpg

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wow, just reading the thread title I was prepared to hate them. I actually kind of like them. And you know there's probably not many, if any, of them running around.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I like the black car with red accets look (as should MrV). But I'm hoping the aftermarket wheels you add will have a chrome lip with black spokes. The all-black wheel just doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
357 Posts
looking good eh??

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah. They look good but it's the wrong style of wheel.

Nice car though :bigthumbsup
They are the wrong style of wheel no matter what color, I hate them so much. I let it slide when buying the car because this was the only black on red one I could find, and I knew I could always get aftermarket wheels. Im not a huge fan of this look either, but its better than stock and its just to hold me off until I can decide on real rims.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Took me about 3 days. I kinda did a half-a$$ed job because I am getting real aftermarket wheels in a few months.

View attachment 36197 View attachment 36198 View attachment 36199
Well, they do not look as bad as I thought they were based on the title...but at the minimum, they do need a chrome lipe or such.

Obvioulsy, I am a big fan of black on red w/red stripes....so I agree with your thinking....get the one you find, and worry about the details later.

At least you painted them black and not red. Although....hhhmmmmm.....if the inside of the spoks were red.....hhhhmmmm....just a thought.:scratchchin

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well someone on a different forum photoshopped these wheels on, and i did not like at all
extra005wd0.jpg extra004ao6.jpg extra009ex6.jpg

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I've been thinking of buying a set of 17x8 bullitt take-offs and painting the spokes black instead of spending 1.5x as much for pre-painted 17x8 bullitts...

·
Registered
87 Posts
yea i'm a huge fan of flat or even gloss black rims but totall wrong style. did u powder coat them ? i wonder if the 2006 fanblade style rims would look good powder coated black? hmm.... maybe i'll have to do a lil photoshop myself

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i'm a huge fan of flat or even gloss black rims but totall wrong style. did u powder coat them ? i wonder if the 2006 fanblade style rims would look good powder coated black? hmm.... maybe i'll have to do a lil photoshop myself
no dude, I painted them.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Here y'go: do it to these:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,077 Posts

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
Those look great!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Not a black wheel fan at all.

·
Registered
481 Posts
looks good imo, better than stocker look.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.