Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car has developed a rough idle for a few seconds at cold start up. The only change recently is the addition of a catted x-pipe and FRPP stingers. It is only for a few seconds and only during a cold start up. A new tune shouldn't be needed for the addition of the x-pipe. Right?

-Rodney

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't Yet

I haven't yet, the car only has 4500 miles on it. I can give that a try and see if if helps. What would you suggest for cleaning the MAF?

Thanks,

-Rodney

When was the last time you cleaned your MAF sensor and throttle body?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Get some CRC MAF cleaner from Autozone or TechSpray Blue Shower II, Blue Shower G3 cleaner, or MG Chemical Super Wash from an electronic parts store. I use the CRC stuff--works pretty well.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I don't mean to hijack your thread but where exactly is the MAF sensor and throttle body?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I don't mean to hijack your thread but where exactly is the MAF sensor and throttle body?
MAF sensor is in the intake tube just downstream of the airbox. It's held in-place by two torx screws. Keep on following the airtube to the end and you've found the throttle body.

G

·
Ok so how do you suggest I clean my TB? I'm in the process of installing the CMDP this weekend and I thought I'd clean the TB as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.