Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
JDM for me. 491rwhp on my auto. Ended up with GT500 fuel pumps and big injectors -- they really stress avoiding a lean condition on a stock block with that much power.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unless you are getting one helluva deal, please, please go with a Whipple not a saleen! Whipples actually install easier, and tune a lot better as well. Be advised though, save yourself a lot of belt money, and buy an after market tenioner pulley. I have gone through two factory one's and 4 belts, which weren't cheap, and Saleen throws belts also, and JDm couldn't figure out the problem, the problem is the tenioner pulley bends, and under load it throws the belt, and or slams them against the engine, causing them to shred. I have a 12 pound pulley, running over 600 hp on a stock block with a custom tune, and over 520 rwhp on 100 octane or more, with no problems. I'm pushing the limits, but as long as you keep the rev limiter at 6500 or below you will be okay, but it's all about a good tune. After 7000rmp is when things start to break on the 3v, as they love hp. Good luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for the info. I checked into Whipple and they really didn't seem interested in selling me a SC. My plan is to add some extra punch to my ride, don't want a beast. That's my next project. I appreciate the input. I was originally going to get the Roush but couldn't find a good word about them on this site. Interesting to hear you have so much pushing through the stock block! That makes me feel better. I've seen some things saying you shouldn't run the stock block over 500hp. However I read somewhere they can take 650hp stock.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
the rods in our motors are the weak part. that why they say not to spin it much over 6000 R's. keep the fuel to them and under 6500 :)
the Whipple may be a easier install but you have to alot more wiring than the Saleen's. Roush's are the same way...lots of wiring :(

·
Registered
527 Posts
why saleen sc their are better ones with more power like kenne bell

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I dont think he's looking for big power. just a nice kick in the butt feeling.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Bingo! Want to keep it driveable every day and good for a road trip or two. Looked at Kenne Bell. Little beyond what I am looking for. Got another project that I will probably look at them for. It looks like the Saleen is also upgradeable down the road. Brenspeed has different cam kits you can get to bump it up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Anybody really use Paxton anymore? Seems like there isn't much out there. When my Brother and I raced our 5.0's that was the thing to have!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.