Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
well I just wanted to let you know that I just installed the CMDPs. I did it my self over the weekend with a bunch of friends, it was a nice weekend project. and I really like them, you can feel the difference. I also installed bamachips race tune that was made for 95 octane fuel. so I can't really tell where are the gains from the CMDP or the tune. but overall I like how the car performs now. I was thinking maybe it's time for Long tubes and x-pipe :D. I have a good deal on borlas headers and x-pipe from a local store for about 1200$, borla's websites lists a price of 1325$. have anyone tried them? any ideas feedback about them? I already have the cat-back system from borla and I know that their products are really of a high quality and they have an excellent support services.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Congrats on the new mods! You can get 95 octane over there? Sweet!

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Kooks and America Racing L/Ts are a better buy. The both fit like a glove and are make of t304 stainless steel.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i know a lot of people who are very jealous that you have 95 octane over there :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so you guys think the borlas are no good? the only reason I'm interested in them is that I can get them for a good price. If I ordered something online it'd cost me a fortune to ship all the way to here !!

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
so you guys think the borlas are no good? the only reason I'm interested in them is that I can get them for a good price. If I ordered something online it'd cost me a fortune to ship all the way to here !!
They're decent headers. Just usually overpriced over here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well price wise it's better for me to get the borla. you'd think that all would give the same performance gains ?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have the Kooks w/hi-flo cats & x-pipe, very satisfied with that set-up, although recently Kooks just came out with a big H-pipe, I think I would have preferred that (throatier sound). If you've got no emmission control laws over there, I would go with Kooks or AR's, drop the cats & go straight back to your axle-backs with off road H or X.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the Kooks w/hi-flo cats & x-pipe, very satisfied with that set-up, although recently Kooks just came out with a big H-pipe, I think I would have preferred that (throatier sound). If you've got no emmission control laws over there, I would go with Kooks or AR's, drop the cats & go straight back to your axle-backs with off road H or X.
Kooks really looks tempting i would've considered them except that it would cost me alot to ship them to here. pulleys and CMCV cost about 200 $ to ship thru USPS !! I can't even imagine what would a headers and mid-pipes cost. plus I'm still a university student so I have to be careful with my spendings :D. Damn this thing is addicting, once you start there is no going back. I need more power :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
that's what makes owning a stang so cool. After each mod, it's like, OK what are we gonna do next ? I'd save your dough & get the best quality headers, you won't be dissappointed. Isn't there a parts house or speed shop in Saudi that imports headers that you can buy locally ? I sell replacement parts to a couple importers over there, but not anything performance oriented.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
there are many shops but usually sell per order which means that you have to order something thru a shop or something and then you'd pay for shipping and an extra charge. so you'd end up better ordering them your self !!. plus mustangs aren't that popular in here. most people are into cheves (renamed version of Holden monaro that are sold as chevy lumina).

·
Registered
413 Posts
The Holden Monaro over here is badged as a Pontiac GTO. It's an Aussie car. GM committed sacrilege with that one ! Bottom line even Mad Max from Australia drove a Ford. Good luck with the headers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.