Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just bought a 07 mustang gt and it has bbk long tube headers on it with an x pipe. the oxygen sensors are going crazy because of the headers and setting all kinds of codes. my question is if i install a cold air intake and a tune will this take care of the check engine light and the performance issues. i found a air raid cold air intake and a bama tuner kit for like 600 bucks? are these decent?

·
Super Moderator
40,047 Posts
I suggest to check with American Muscle-i got a tuner from them and it fixed my problems.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
hey guys i just bought a 07 mustang gt and it has bbk long tube headers on it with an x pipe. the oxygen sensors are going crazy because of the headers and setting all kinds of codes. my question is if i install a cold air intake and a tune will this take care of the check engine light and the performance issues. i found a air raid cold air intake and a bama tuner kit for like 600 bucks? are these decent?
toytech0710,

Congrats on your new GT! It sounds like you picked up a few nice bolt-ons in this deal too. BBK LT headers are always fun with these 3v GTs.

As long as your GT is 100% mechanically sound, a Bama tune will absolutely take care of your check engine lights and rear O2 sensors. Plus, there's a good bit of throttle response and power to gain from a Bama tune used with LT headers. Needless to say- the Bama tune will pull everything together nicely!

Also, the Airaid CAI is a great choice! They're easily one of the highest quality CAI's on the market and pick up some serious power throughout the entire powerband. Not to mention it adds a little eye candy to the engine bay.

Hit me up if you have more questions buddy. I'd be happy to help you out with anything I can!

Shane

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Imo

Just my 2cents since you have Long Tubes the JLT3 Combo is cheaper and can flow a little more over other CAI's. A friend of mine has the BBK LT's and the Bama Tune and JLT3 CAI and it pull's all the way through from gear to gear.

Save some money and get a little more flow.

T Wayne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts