Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys its time. Its time to lower the car. I have narrowed it down to 2 differnt kinds. Either Eibach Sportline or H&R Super sport springs. Which ones should i go with? Also i already bought the BMR adj. pan bar & adj. dspecs shocks/struts. Is there anything else i need that i am missing to proper lower my car?

Also i know both of these is a huge drop but my roads where i live are nice n smooth. The curbs are not high and i do not go in parking garages. One more question...Do you think that my longtube headers will bottom out with these springs? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have the BMR springs with Hooker LTs and Pypes HF cats. I have no problems with clearance. You should consider either adjustable lower control arms or an adjustable upper third link so you can adjust the pinion angle of the driveshaft. After you lower your car it will be off and need adjustment. My springs lowered the rear about 1.5 inches and I had to shorten the upper third link about 1/2 inch to get the pinion angle correct. The stock length from bolt to bolt is 8.5 inches. The proper way is to measure the angles using an angle finder. There are many threads if you search pinion angle that explain this. I also suggest a heavy duty upper strut pad for the top of the front shock towers. Lowering puts a great deal of stress on the stock plastic pads. I have the Steeda parts that give you a bit of camber adjustment also. Good luck... IT NEVER ENDS.....GA

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will i also need to buy these? Camber plates, Camber bolts, adj upper/lower control arms? Am i missing anything else?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Will i also need to buy these? Camber plates, Camber bolts, adj upper/lower control arms? Am i missing anything else?
Yes you probably will. Would recommend the replacement strut mounts (plates) since the stockers are considered on-time-use.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone wants to be so nice to help me out and give me a list of everything i need and possible a link to each part it would really help me out. Thanks. I just want to make sure i get everything i need so i can do it rite.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much! Im really a noob when it comes to suspension. Now for the steeda adj upper control arm kit..Should i do the comp upgrade for only $20 more? Are these better then the BMR ones?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Thanks so much! Im really a noob when it comes to suspension. Now for the steeda adj upper control arm kit..Should i do the comp upgrade for only $20 more? Are these better then the BMR ones?
I don't think you need to competition arm. The BMR adjustable is also a good piece. I've run both.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
which one do you prefer since you have run both? and why?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I like the Steeda bushings a little better. Plus they use hardened chromoly steel vs mild steel.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I will add to the list the Steeda Bumpsteer kit.
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit (2005+)
You did mention the word proper... :hihi:
Especially with that low of a drop.

I already have adj LCA's installed, just waiting on the Ford replacement strut mounts to come in(free per TSB) On the shelf have Eibach Pro Kit, Dspecs, UCA, LCA relocation brackets, Steeda bump steer kit, and camber bolts.
Keep in mind this is a less drop than you plan on.

BTW, I wouldn't say the roads out here are very smooth, lol.
I'm about 10-15 minutes from ya ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for all your help. You might call me weird but im looking for the harsh ride haha. Im not a fan of this smooth kinda luxury ride our new mustangs have. Im still young and being 20 my back can take the harsh ride haha. Im also use to it because i also owned a 01 gt which was lowerd ( I felt like i was driving a tank when i drove that ) and i also owned a 04 mach1. So im looking for the harsh ride. Now that i know all the extras i got to get its time to decide on the 2 springs. Either the H&R supersports or the Eibach Sportlines. Which 1s do you guys think?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone got any ideas out of the 2?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.