Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going through Steeda's new Products page and noticed a new anti roll bar that promises shorter 60 foot times and more traction.

Steeda Billet Hardcore Anit-Roll Bar - 05-08 Ford Mustang

This may be another suspesion mod for me but only if it will work with what I got. Do I have to take out my swaybar that i just purchased to make this work? Or is it just a regular suspension mod I can add on without replacing any other suspension mod I did? Ypur guys thoughts on the anti roll bar?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
It looks like you can use it on the street, but you have to remove one of the endlinks. I'd be 50/50 on it, but since most of us have to jack the car up to change the tires for the track, perhaps bolting up an endlink woudln't be too much trouble.

And it looks like the swaybar you have in now would have to go bye-bye. :wavey

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
extreme anti roll bars replace the rear sway bar. They are a great mod to get and really help your car go straight and hook up.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wish i knew this before i bought the swaybar. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
im sure you will have no issues putting that sway bar for sale on here

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably. Ws just looking through seeinf if there were anything i could throw on the suspension to increase pickup :p lol It loks like a mighty fine piece of hardware though

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Probably. Ws just looking through seeinf if there were anything i could throw on the suspension to increase pickup :p lol It loks like a mighty fine piece of hardware though
That's one thing about Steeda parts. They all look great and have perfect welds.

·
Registered
336 Posts
A 'sway bar' and an 'anti-roll bar' are the exact same thing (AKA: anti-sway bar, roll bar, stabilizer bar, ARB, etc...). The difference between the stock and after market ones is the amount of body roll that they allow.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
A 'sway bar' and an 'anti-roll bar' are the exact same thing (AKA: anti-sway bar, roll bar, stabilizer bar, ARB, etc...). The difference between the stock and after market ones is the amount of body roll that they allow.
But those extreme bars are more for straight line performance, not curves.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Stlwagon is right. Same purpose but different execution. I've got mine set up for the track. OK for the street but some people would think its' too much. Which makes me wonder where I'm going to enjoy my Mustang this spring. The roads here by Chicago have literally crumbled to pieces. Hey, the track is smooth, that's how I'll justify it to the wife! Ha

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But those extreme bars are more for straight line performance, not curves.
Cool, and where i live , if it isnt a hgihway, its a curvy road. Thinking about sticking to the sway bar. i'd prolly lose more than I'd gain. It prolly will do more NVH?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.