Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my turn signal bulbs with some "switchback" LED bulbs. Here's how they operate...When the parking lamp switch is on, they will alternate from white to amber when you use your turn signals; When the parking lamp switch is off, they signal in amber only. I can use them as daytime running lights. I found out that I didn't have to use the LED resistors I had purchased to go along with these. Here's a couple of videos and a pic.

YouTube - Switchback bulbs

YouTube - Switchback bulbs...(Part 2)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I really like that, those are awesome. Where did you get them? Also where did you get the halo fogs? The ones i have aren't nearly as bright.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Nice mod - how hard was it to do?

·
Registered
495 Posts
where did you get those lights?

G

·
Those are beautiful, compared to the Stealth - clearly they give off a ton more light!

No problems with the signal getting to the lights? Nothing else needed? :headscratch: I was told if LEDs were put in the front markers, the signal strength wouldn't be strong enough... :scratchchin

Do tell, I think we need thoseeeeee! :bigthumbsup :laugh:

Nice mod!! :bigthumbsup :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sick lights! where did you purchase everything including those halo's?

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
Very nice! I was wondering what our babies would look like with halo's in the middle! :bigthumbsup How are they visually at night? (have not read ahead in case you mentioned this)

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
very unique. First guy to have this mod to my knowledge so way to be original!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
144 Posts
Man those are real nice. I have the same questions as everyone else:

Where did you get them?
How much?
Those are probably the best quality looking halo's i've seen, where did you get them? (Both the primary lights and fogs!)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone!

I've actually noticed my turn signals hyper flashing when waiting to make a turn one time when coming home from work but when I got home to check it again everything was normal. :headscratch: Anyway, I installed the two 6 ohm resistors I had purchased to go along with the LED "switchback" bulbs and haven't seen any hyper flashing since. I guess they do need resistors after all.

The turn signal bulbs are the
60-60 led SMT Stealth Ultimate Switchback Bulbs in the AW style. The bulbs were easy to install. Just take out the old ones and plug these in. Installing the resistors took a bit more time; probably half hour each side. Here's a link...
Switchback bulbs

The halo headlights and fogs are CCFL types. CCFL's are much brighter than regular LED halos. I purchased everything on Ebay. Just do a search for "05 mustang ccfl halo" and you'll find some.

·
Registered
122 Posts
VERY cool! And original! I DEF. have to buy some ASAP!

Wow, i love you. No ****. Those are so f-in great! :gringreen:bigthumbsup:gringreen

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice! I was wondering what our babies would look like with halo's in the middle! :bigthumbsup How are they visually at night? (have not read ahead in case you mentioned this)
The halos? You can definitely see the halo rings even with the main lights on.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those are beautiful, compared to the Stealth - clearly they give off a ton more light!

No problems with the signal getting to the lights? Nothing else needed? :headscratch: I was told if LEDs were put in the front markers, the signal strength wouldn't be strong enough... :scratchchin

Do tell, I think we need thoseeeeee! :bigthumbsup :laugh:

Nice mod!! :bigthumbsup :bigthumbsup
No problems with signal strength whatsoever.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VERY cool! And original! I DEF. have to buy some ASAP!

Wow, i love you. No ****. Those are so f-in great! :gringreen:bigthumbsup:gringreen
Glad I could help you spend more money! Keep the economy going! :gringreen

·
Registered
144 Posts
That is really sweet man. I have another question though, where did you get your primary halo's and fog halo's too?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is really sweet man. I have another question though, where did you get your primary halo's and fog halo's too?
I answered your question on the first page in post #12. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.