Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a 2007 mustang V6, it's satin silver with matching side roush louvers. im looking into getting black rally stripes bumper to bumper pin striped. i already know im going to get the stripes but what i was thinking was is it possible to get back louvers painted satin silver and have the stripes painted on them as well so it goes all the way down the car and would that look good??? thanks.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
You have some wild ideas, evil one. Maybe you're the one who first thought "why don't I close the door after I get in before driving off?"

You need advice from AFM posters who actually have the rear window slats. And you may not get it, since you called them louvers in the title of your thread and many may think its about side window louvers. I think some companies make the slats in metal and others in plastic, but I don't know if either one can be painted. If they can, at any angle (except straight behind the car) the stripes would look pretty jagged and not too attractive in my opinion (as I try to visualize it).

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright thanks i reposted it for help with rear window slats so people know what im talking about

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I can say the paint and stripes on the rear windows will not be as noticeable if you are behind the vehicle. the original purpose of those rear window louvres was to keep the sun out of the nearly horizontal window. but, when you are in the car looking out the back, the windows are not very sight restrictive. Helicopters and people standing right next to your car will have the best view of your painted and striped louvres.
I am torn if I would like it or not. I have never seen these painted before, other than black.

·
Registered
726 Posts
A women near me has a pewter colored stang with the rear louvers and side louvers all matching no stripes though. Looks good, so does the car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
As one who has the aluminum rear window louver, I understood your post just fine. They do come in plastic or aluminum and both can be painted. I don't agree that you should. My suggestion is to go with the aluminum one as it will hold up over time better than the plastic. Leave it black. It would be a good contrast with your color. Take a peek of my mineral grey in my gallery and you should get a better idea of what you may want to do.;)

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I have the metal louvers also and like them much better than the plastic ones. As for painting them, you have to see what they used to finish the louvers. If they're painted, you're good to go. However, most louvers (including mine) are powdercoated and cannot be painted without first stripping off the powdercoating. So check the finish before you plunk down $400 or so.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Either keep them flat black, or get the pre-painted to match your car. I don't think the stripes will be noticeable and will end up being money that you could have spent on something else. But i LOVE your idea. I can't wait to hear more of them :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'd recommend leaving the louvers black, since you'll have black stripes on as well, it should tie in very nice.

Also recommend the aluminum louvers also, they come powder-coated in a satin black & hold up well.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright well thanks for all the input but as im only 17 ive got another two months or so before i even get the stripes on i was just doing some brain storming but ill let you guys know on my progress when i start getting the stuff done. thanks again

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I like mine, matching the color of my car, I think you would too, as far as stripes go, everyone has their own taste, for me less is more IMO

·
Registered
41 Posts
hey i have a 2007 mustang V6, it's satin silver with matching side roush louvers. im looking into getting black rally stripes bumper to bumper pin striped. i already know im going to get the stripes but what i was thinking was is it possible to get back louvers painted satin silver and have the stripes painted on them as well so it goes all the way down the car and would that look good??? thanks.
Well here's my $.02. I'm gonna buck the trend,If you'er going all over silver, with the louvers, and blk stripes, and it is possible to paint them without ruining or breaking the bank, I think it would be definately worth doing, and truely one of a kind. I havent purchased them yet, but in the long run it is best to go with alum. louvers think the Roush would be best if you already have them on the lil windows.
Is it "right" to be pissed that a 17 yr old can afford to do this and I cant, taking depression meds now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.