Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to a dealership to look at a Gt and found out that it was sold. I drove out of the parking lot and the next dealer down the block I see a Shelby. I stopped to just look at it and wound up taking it for a test drive. Now is a 07 Shelby worth 28.8K with just under 30K miles? I'm not sure what to do.

Maybe someone can shed some light on the following.

This car was originally in PA and had 2 owners (carfax)

While looking at the car I noticed that the stripes looked like they were faded in areas and as I said to my wife "that doesn't look right " the salesman was behind me, said that he ordered new stripes from Vegas and was going to replace them.

I also notice that the grille and the lettering in the back looked tarnished. They had a whitish color or film on them. I tried to rub it but it made no difference. Is this normal?

This car only had hood pins and wouldn't latch so anyone could open the hood. Is that how they are?

Also I noticed by the hood pin on the drivers side the paint was bubbling a little. I mean a very little. I know that some time down the line it may need to be repainted.

Thanks in advance...:):)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just did a search for a 07 shelby and it seems that there all around the same price. A car with 4K miles and a car with 25K miles was only 3grand different.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I got my Shelby GT used with 900 miles for 32K so i wud think it wud b around 20 to 25 nothing higher.. but they will always try to play the shelby name game where they can charge more for the name knowing ppl will spend the money for it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Steer clear

WOW. This car is screaming red flags. The hood pins should have verticle pins that go thru the hood pins. These are working pins that help keep the hood closed. The stripes and paint are another red flag. My car is in pristine condition with none of these issues and this car only has 30k miles. If you really want a Shelby, you can do much better then this car. Shop around and you will find better and from someone who actually respected the car. I would steer clear of this one. Overpriced and too many issues.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW. This car is screaming red flags. The hood pins should have verticle pins that go thru the hood pins. These are working pins that help keep the hood closed. The stripes and paint are another red flag. My car is in pristine condition with none of these issues and this car only has 30k miles. If you really want a Shelby, you can do much better then this car. Shop around and you will find better and from someone who actually respected the car. I would steer clear of this one. Overpriced and too many issues.
It did have hood pins. The latch didn't work, meaning that you don't have to pull the hood latch in the car to open it.

Why do you think its stripes are like that?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i would make them installed a hood latch that you can pop from inside the car, re-install new stripes, and repaint the bubbling if you are gonna pay 28k. but as it is, i say don't pay a cent over 25k

·
Registered
51 Posts
Shelby GT

Hello, I have a 2007 Shelby GT the white version. The one you are describied sounds a little overpriced in my opinion. I got mine it about 6-8 months ago. It was brand new and only had about 100 miles on it. I picked it up for 29,000. (dealer gave us a good deal, every vehicle we have ever owned we bought from him) The Stripe with the faded spots you are talking about is normal for the car. It was explained to me that there was a default in the shelby stripes and that water combined with the sun would leave permanant looking water spots on the stripes. My dealership replaced mine compelelty free. And as far as the hood pins go the hood pins are on the car...but it the hood latch should be the main thing holding the hood down...not the pins...If you can convince them to come off that price some....and fix all that then I would say it would be a good buy. Keep in mind part of the price is the name and I really enjoy mine alot, the name Shelby brings with it a certain "bad ass" feeling with it, But keep in mind its just a name and the car itself really is a dressed up GT. But if you like the name and the price they should go down to then buy it, I will say that the Shelby GT does feel stronger and stiffer than a normal GT but it also would not cost much at all to get a GT right up there with how the Shelby feels. Like I said its more of a mental thing. I just felt like i got a good deal on mine so I jumped on it. Good luck

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello, I have a 2007 Shelby GT the white version. The one you are describied sounds a little overpriced in my opinion. I got mine it about 6-8 months ago. It was brand new and only had about 100 miles on it. I picked it up for 29,000. (dealer gave us a good deal, every vehicle we have ever owned we bought from him) The Stripe with the faded spots you are talking about is normal for the car. It was explained to me that there was a default in the shelby stripes and that water combined with the sun would leave permanant looking water spots on the stripes. My dealership replaced mine compelelty free. And as far as the hood pins go the hood pins are on the car...but it the hood latch should be the main thing holding the hood down...not the pins...If you can convince them to come off that price some....and fix all that then I would say it would be a good buy. Keep in mind part of the price is the name and I really enjoy mine alot, the name Shelby brings with it a certain "bad ass" feeling with it, But keep in mind its just a name and the car itself really is a dressed up GT. But if you like the name and the price they should go down to then buy it, I will say that the Shelby GT does feel stronger and stiffer than a normal GT but it also would not cost much at all to get a GT right up there with how the Shelby feels. Like I said its more of a mental thing. I just felt like i got a good deal on mine so I jumped on it. Good luck
I love the Shelby in white.. I'm not in such a rush to buy so I'm going to look around a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.