Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to remove my old deck speakers , and I jsut can't figure it out. How do I remove them? They are kicking my but and these infinitys look nice :(

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have bad news for you.... you basically have to disassemble your back deck and some of the rear seat to slide out the carpeted fiberboard to get to your deck speakers underneath. If I find the instructions, I will PM you.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Thats not true at all.

I put my Alpine Type-S 5x7 6x8's in without removing anything but the grilles that fit on over the speakers.

First you get in the back seat of your car and pry up the speaker grille. Be careful, they've got little tabs on them that break fairly easily. I happened to break one on mine but no big deal, you can't tell the difference and the grille sits still perfectly. Next, get the correct alen key that fits the screws around the speaker and take out all 4 screws that hold the speaker in. Clip the wires going to the speaker from inside the trunk, and then splice in your new connectors. Finally take the new speaker, drop it down into the hole from inside the car on the back seat, replace the screws in their proper place, and plug your new connectors into your new speaker. Repeat for the other side.

The rear deck speakers are a cinch to replace. Now it's the front door speakers that are a *****, i'll tell you what. :hihi:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thats not true at all.

I put my Alpine Type-S 5x7 6x8's in without removing anything but the grilles that fit on over the speakers.

First you get in the back seat of your car and pry up the speaker grille. Be careful, they've got little tabs on them that break fairly easily. I happened to break one on mine but no big deal, you can't tell the difference and the grille sits still perfectly. Next, get the correct alen key that fits the screws around the speaker and take out all 4 screws that hold the speaker in. Clip the wires going to the speaker from inside the trunk, and then splice in your new connectors. Finally take the new speaker, drop it down into the hole from inside the car on the back seat, replace the screws in their proper place, and plug your new connectors into your new speaker. Repeat for the other side.

The rear deck speakers are a cinch to replace. Now it's the front door speakers that are a *****, i'll tell you what. :hihi:
Yes it is true. Starting with the 2007 Mustang, Ford found it in their better judgment to do away with the pop out speaker grills unlike the 2005 through 2006 models.

ETA: I learned this the hard way by helping a friend replace his speakers in a 2007 GT.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes it is true. Starting with the 2007 Mustang, Ford found it in their better judgment to do away with the pop out speaker grills unlike the 2005 through 2006 models.

ETA: I learned this the hard way by helping a friend replace his speakers in a 2007 GT.

yes...... your completely correct, 2005 to 2006 was designed properly for easy removal access of the rear deck speakers, then ford decided to get stupid in 2007 (their known to do that) and change design so that you have to almost literally remove half of your interior parts just to remove/replace rear deck speakers. You have to remove rear seats, remove rear side panels and then you can slide out the package tray, plus the fact the grille in the package tray seems to me has too much material blocking the speaker hampering performance.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I took my car to a stereo shop on Thursday took the kid 45 mins to put my new rear speakers in yes 45MINS!! as for the front took out all screws and the 2 star screws unplugged the sub took 45 mins each side (did doors at home)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts