Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:headscratch:Hey i was wondering what it cost to install intake and with a tuner???
What would be the best intake to install for a v6???

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
you can do the install yourself, honestly... places can charge between 70 and 130 which is a rip off, CAI and a tune is the easiest do it yourself, ask any of us for a step by step if you need help :bigthumbsup

as for CAI its really your preference, and tuner i would go SCT Xcal2 or 3 but thats just me

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
its really a matter of opinion on who makes the best, i have a powerhouse CAI and had a Steeda CAI and i prefer powerhouse but i hear JLT and C&L make the best, also xcal3 will be a better tuner then the xcal2 but some people are reporting problems with the xcal3, mine works perfectly though.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I was,kind of still am,not a computer whiz with the car but the xcalsct2 was the easiest tune for me to do. I installed the xcharger by myself,loaded the new tune and the darn thing started right up.
I guess there are several varieties of tuners its just your prference. Buy a good tune ,load it yourself and go,,
Look at Bamachips.com they have a very good CAI tuner and tune combo ready to go.
It comes as a kit so all the parts and tunes mesh the first time.
Just my $.02

·
Registered
889 Posts
Intalling the CAI is really easy. It takes a lot more work to change a tire than to put in the CAI. If you have a screwdriver and a wrench, it takes about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
If you pay someone to install it, you'll kick yourself later. :)
If you buy it and drive to San Diego, i'll install it for you for $50 and kick you for free. :laugh:

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Intalling the CAI is really easy. It takes a lot more work to change a tire than to put in the CAI. If you have a screwdriver and a wrench, it takes about 15 minutes.
there is not a whole lot to installing a CAI and tune but i just don't trust myself messing with such an expensive car that is my only form of transportation. But i do have to admit, i have always wanted to do it.... Maybe i will fiddle with it once i have the car paid off:happydance:

·
Registered
889 Posts
there is not a whole lot to installing a CAI and tune but i just don't trust myself messing with such an expensive car that is my only form of transportation. But i do have to admit, i have always wanted to do it.... Maybe i will fiddle with it once i have the car paid off:happydance:
That's understandable, but honestly, if you can make toast in a toaster you're overqualified to install a CAI.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
itll cost you bout 15min o nthe instal..for real its easy, all you need is some basi tools and some common sense. i have the livewire tuner from sct(check my gallery)if you want somethin more flashy. its been a great system so far. also my jlt intake does fine too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.