Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i just came back from dyno. The dyno they use was Mustang Dyno and im kinda disappointed at what my car makes :(

Ok first of all, both tunes are 91 Race and both been dynoed at the same time with same dyno. My car is an 07 V6 Mustang with C&L CAI, 3.73 gears and exhaust upgrade.
The 91 Tillman street race tune made 168 rwhp and 175 rwtrq with the AFR ratio being 12.3 min & 12.9 max = avg 12.5 which is right on the spot :bigthumbsup
However 91 Bamachips made so much better results. It did 175 rwhp & 182 rwtrq with the AFR ratio being 12.7 min & 13.4 max = avg 13.0 :happyhapp
So it is clear Bamachips tune makes way more Hp/Torque than Tillman but i still love the Tillman tune as my DD because the AFR is spot on and the way Chris made the shift points i love how it change gears on the other hand Bama tune changes gears constantly.

Bottom line Bamachips easily wins over Tillman but for a DD i personally prefer Tillman because its not as aggressive and still spin the tires easily.

1st photo is Tillman
2nd is Bamachips
3rd is Bama VS Tillman comparison
Enjoy the video of the 2 dynos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p5jpq5zqEM

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
ya venom 175 hp seems kinda low dont you think???

·
Registered
463 Posts
Difference is probably the difference between dynos. Mustang numbers are always lower.

·
Registered
954 Posts
No he has low numbers because it's an auto. I pulled 220 on a mustang dyno before some of my mods. A stock V6 Manual pulls 186. I don't know about a stock auto. I'm glad you got around to doing a dyno, you should check out the 93 race tune.

·
Registered
566 Posts
i have an auto and i got my car dynoed after exhaust and bbk intake without any tunes (i know bad idea with no tunes) but im car dynoed at 196rwhp and 205tq and my afm was rich

i would go check out another dyno 168 and 175 is what stock v6s pull here in albuquerque NM with our high elevation venom you should check out another dyno just to make sure

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I was very disappointed too but he said he did something to it so it reads the number like actual road by calculating the wind resistant. But what kind of dyno did you guys, doesn't Mustang dyno reads like 25-30 less than dynojet. Btw he also said a Charger dynoed 347 rwhp on his and 465 on dynojet that his friend use. I searched the whole city but can't find any shop using dynojet, maybe I'll ask him to give his friend address that use dynojet.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I don't know about the two dyno's bringing up that much of a difference. I've seen a few cars run the same numbers on a Mustang Dyno and then on the Dynojet that came to one of the shows here.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Add about 8% to those numbers and you'll see what you would have done on an unloaded Dynojet. I would focus more on the quality of the tune than the HP numbers though.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Add about 8% to those numbers and you'll see what you would have done on an unloaded Dynojet. I would focus more on the quality of the tune than the HP numbers though.

+1 on the tune quality thats some tunes give you more power on the low end that could kill some hp in the end

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's a Mustang Dyno so it's going to read almost 20RWHP lower on your application. You're probably in the 190-195 area on a dynojet SAE corrected. It's also an auto, so that explains that.

Now that I see what your air fuel ratio is, I could pull it out to around 12.7-12.8 and pick up about 5-6 rear wheel horsepower very safely. Let me know if you want me to and I'll send over an updated tune. We like to run them a little rich off the start like that, though. :bigthumbsup

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
The dyno is for adjusting the tune. Like Stl said it's the quality of the tune that counts. For not having the car on a dyno Chris make a pertty good tune.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
The dyno is for adjusting the tune. Like Stl said it's the quality of the tune that counts. For not having the car on a dyno Chris make a pertty good tune.
i wish i could do the dyno thing. one of these days. i still think chris`s tune runs better than my bama tune. :) its not all about h.p. when i built my 289 i was taking down big blocks that had more h.p.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.