Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just got my pony ordered not too long ago. Well, I'm looking at CAIs and I just can't figure out what to get. Also, I'm compiling mustang parts websites and I would appreciate it if you guys could post some links to some of the sites offering CAIs. Should I go SCT tuner with the intake? Recommended intake? Also, is performance sluggish with 87 octane and a tune or does it make some real improvements? Thanks in advance guys. The car is ordered.... LET THE MODS BEGIN! muahahahahaha.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
A tuner/CAI combo is the best route. Take a look at www.brenspeed.com and www.bamachips.com for some good deals. The C&L, JLT II, and TI intakes all rate very high. You will generally get 3 tunes (for octanes available in your area). Even with an 87 tune, you'll feel the difference. However, be warned, once you go to a 93 tune, you'll likely never want to go back to 87.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the 89 tune? Is there enough difference between 87 and 89 to warrant the increase fuel price?

·
Registered
35 Posts
My programmer from Tunable Inductions, I think they use Bama chip tunes, only came with 87, 91, and 93 octane tunes. I asked about getting an 89 tune since it is the standard in Georgia and Florida and I was told there isn't an 89 tune. Someone else may be able to add more clarity to this issue.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My programmer from Tunable Inductions, I think they use Bama chip tunes, only came with 87, 91, and 93 octane tunes. I asked about getting an 89 tune since it is the standard in Georgia and Florida and I was told there isn't an 89 tune. Someone else may be able to add more clarity to this issue.
Hmmm... that's weird. I seem to see an 89 tune on bama chips website, though. Can anyone solve this riddle?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just checked Bama chips and he states he just recently added the 89 octane tune. I got my programmer back in October so that explains it. I guess I will learn how to update my programmer adding a third tune I can actually use.

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
552 Posts
yeah, i really do. i feel it most while driving normally. you dont have to hit on the gas as much to make it move...you just have to tap the gas. the faster you go the better the cai works. the shield blocks it from all the heat, and the only air it gets is the air rushing in through the grille...i can run it for an hour and open up the engine bay and the engine will be hot but the cai filter will still be cold..its a nice setup

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm... I'm going to look into it. The engine bay would look awesome in the shows with that thing. Is the filter reusable? Can you clean it? How much is a replacement filter?

·
Registered
552 Posts
yep, totally re-usable and able to be recleaned. i'm not sure how much the replacement filter is but you wouldnt need one because the one they give you is good for life or a really long time lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
hey that thing really does look sickkkk! how much of a job is it to relocate the coolant bottle and all. and the question that comes to my mind.....does that thing suck water when its raining? you would think that that little scoop around the filter is gonna be wet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts