Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what would be the best axle-back slip on exhaust? But nothing over $200. But im looking for a good deep sound. If you have a video link to yours then send it to me. Thanks

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
a single pypes violator from american muscle

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
thats not a bad price to try it out if you dont like it. you could go on you tube and look for 2005 Mustang V6 Exaust. theres tons of vids on there, singles and duals.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
silverbullet 07 had the pupes. it sounded great.

then he sold it after 100 miles to buy a GT set of pypes to go duals lol

·
Registered
751 Posts
Performance increase will have little difference between the take-off and anything else. The only difference is the sound. It depends on what sound you want. I have the take-offs and a love them.

·
Registered
357 Posts
You will reget not going true duals ,, everyone has that went single at first :bigthumbsup

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
You will reget not going true duals ,, everyone has that went single at first :bigthumbsup

+1 i went duals a week after i got her

·
Registered
786 Posts
+1 i went duals a week after i got her
lmao, I got a flowmaster 40, then went to pypes violators true duals a month later :D The baffle in the flo gave up and started vibrating bad, so I had to do something, duals seemed the next best option. I love em.

·
Registered
44 Posts
GT Take-off muffler is GREAT!

I got a pair of GT Take-off mufflers off Craigslist for $30. Put the right side muffler on, took about 30 minutes. Had to remove the rear bracket to get the old one to slide out. The V6 muffler had some kind of cylinder welded to the rear of the muffler, balast? Also, the V6 has an extra mounting bracket. Slide the GT muffler on, clamped it down. It looks much better with the stainless pipe sticking out farther past the bumper. Fired it up, no leaks and WOW what a sound. I went under an overpass today and the reverb thru it sounded fantastic! For $30, cheap upgrade, free up a few more ponies and sounds like a man's car now!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Dual exhaust is really a way to go. I went single GT-take off to Mac duals and still is my best upgrade. I just recorded a video clip today when the mufflers are broken in, will post them later on new thread, i think most people will love it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Single borla axle back ftw! but its nearly 400$ just for the single...but its gorgeous and sounds awesome :)

ANYWAYS....the man wants a single! haha for under $200 though i would agree and say +1 single gt takeoff.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So which is better. A GT takeoff or this one...
Pypes 409 Stainless Steel Street-Pro Axle-Back with Polished 304 Tip (2005+ V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Its a pypes 409 stainless steel street-pro. Does anyone have this one?
I have that on my car. It sounds great going down the road, but it's kinda quiet when you sit there at idle. It's very good for the price. I'm very happy with it. It has a nice deep tone to it. It looks pretty good as well. I dont think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
i had the pypes street pro, sounded pretty good at WOT, but super quiet at idle after it warmed up. i liked it, but i, like you are about to do, made the mistake of not going dual (even though i ended up MAKING money off of the street pro!!! :bigthumbsup ) seriously a week and a half later, i bought a set of pypes violators and had a shop custom fab me some dual pipes, and i could NOT be happier!!!! i love my violators

YouTube - violators 4.0 v6 mustang

theres my violators :gringreen :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have that on my car. It sounds great going down the road, but it's kinda quiet when you sit there at idle. It's very good for the price. I'm very happy with it. It has a nice deep tone to it. It looks pretty good as well. I dont think you will be disappointed.

Do you or can you make a video of your mustang with these on? Like rev the engine and all that. So i can see how they sounds? Thanks.:)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
for 200$, gt takeoff. if u save up...borla axleback. dude, if you want a serious sounding v6...go borla. youtube search borla axleback, click on the black vert with the little kid revving up. the smile you will have on that first start up will be priceless. i get mistaken for a v8 constantly. they said only way u can tell is cuz its single exhaust. id like to eventually go dual tho..but go dual borla. i dont think they make an axle back for the right side like the one i v got now. wonder if i could buy the h pipe, mid pipe and fab the axleback to fit. now that would be the meanest sounding v6 ever

·
Registered
119 Posts
Start off with GT take offs. As stated earlier in this thread you can get them on Craigslist for $30-$50 for the pair. Use that to get better sound and performance from your six while you sock away the $150 you have left out of your original $200, and save up more to get duals.

Think long term ... be fiscal.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I have a Brand New (almost) Flowmaster American Thunder Axel Back that I bought for My 07, I used it for a few hours and it only has about 40 miles of use on it. I paid over $200 for it and I'd sell it for $100 plus shipping. There's a Pic of it in My Members Pic Gallery if your interested.......Good Deal:bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 24 Posts