Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm going to be switching out the wires and plugs on my V6. I currently have a Flowmaster muffler and a C&L intake running a canned 93 octane tune for performance mods.

I bought the NKG G-power plugs and Taylor 8MM wires from AM. Do I need to check or change the gap on these based on what I'm running or should they be all set out of the box?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm not sure the copy and paste worked, but your plug gap is 56, don't trust them to be right from the box, too much can happen to them during shipping.

PATH: Engine Mechanical > Specifications > Gasoline Engine Tune-Up Specifications
Gasoline Engine Tune-Up Specifications

ENGINE TUNE-UP SPECIFICATIONS

YearEngine ID/VINEngine Displacement LitersSpark Plug Gap (in.)Fuel Pump (psi) ①Ignition Timing (deg.) MTATIdle Speed (rpm) MTATValve Clearance (in.) IntakeExhaust2007N4.00.052-27-37NANA②②HYDHYD 0.056 H4.60.052-27-3710B10B②②HYDHYD 0.056 S5.40.041-25-40NANA②②HYDHYD 0.047

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind me asking where did you pull that info from?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Plug gaps are hit or miss out of the box, you should always check the gap. If you’re going for best idle, mileage, & cruise go for the recommended stock setting. If you have a lead foot and want maximum at full throttle narrow the gap down a little as voltage requirements go up under full throttle conditions. My 2005 Ford owners manual lists the recommended gap as .052 to .054 inches. You should also be able to find that info on the under hood sticker of your 2007.

·
Registered
532 Posts
While your going to the trouble of changing the plugs, you might want to look into indexing your plugs. I've never heard of it until a few months ago and know that I will try it when that time comes. It's supposed to help with mpg an hp, but I'm not sure how much.

Indexing Spark Plugs | Advance Auto Parts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.