Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im reading alot about 05-07 windows needing felt added when having the windows tinted, i am having mine tinted on friday on my 2007 GT but i have felt on mine already. did they start adding felt after a certain production month in 2007? or do i still need to have felt put on inplace of this felt? i checked it and it is in great shape. maybe the previous owner had tint at one time then removed it and put felt on i dont know??? it does have some fuzzies in it that i will clean out though..

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have an 07, i believe mine came with it be ause ive had tint for 4 years now with no problems

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, would you please tell me what factory felt is. Where do I look for this felt? Thanks
put your window all the way down and look at the black rubber piece that would be on the outside of your window and see if it has felt or just plastic.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Haha, I love it when I think of things to fix/ask about and you guys have already started a thread about it.

You're good ppl lol...

I have an 05 "obviously w/o felt", and starting to notice more and more "seems/scratches on my window tint. I purchased the car with window tint alrdy on it and it looks great, but from the inside, I can see all the lines from where the tint is being scratch as I lower and raise my windows...

Just reading above, it runs $60 for window felt?? Is that for Drvr and Psngr side??

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well that was for the tinter to install felt during the tint installation.
check out tintprotector.com you can do it yourself for half the price.

·
Registered
127 Posts
2008 Mustang's have "moleskin" on the interior gasket. Buy the 2008 interior window gasket and put them on. Thats what I did. You have to pull up the door trim panel a bit and pull the old one out, then push the new one on. To get the new one on I used a rubber mallet for about half of it because its hard to cram it back in. The total job was about 10 minutes per door. You will need to remove the trim screws at the sides and bottom of the door and then you basically pull up with your fingers at the top. Instructions on removing the panel are here Moleskin (for window tint) install w/pics and vids - MustangForums.com but you do not need a moleskin kit. Just buy the 2008 interior weatherstripping gasket. It fits perfectly and has the moleskin texture.

The part number is

Driver side: 8R3Z-6321457-A
Passenger side: 8R3Z-6321456-A

each are about $25.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts