Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a Shelby GT pretty soon (not the 500) and I plan on/want to buy a supercharger to put on it. Theres a few things i would like to know:

1) whats the best S/C to drop in? what additonal "things" will i have to get (guage...other accessories that my not be included) so far ive heard of whipple and Vortech.

2) Will it void my warranty? I keep hearing conflicting stories. The main one is ....."well if you buy the S/C from ford and have a ford authorized dealer install it you do not void the warranty! others tell me i absolutely do void it!

3) what exhaust should i go with. ( i want a mean, sick, dont f*** w me sound!)

4) What other bolt ons should i consider

I want this to be my daily driver, definately with a s/c, but no other seriouse mods like roll cages! Just a bad ass streed machine.

thank in advance for any advice!! if any one has a Shelby Gt id love to see pics

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
If you want instant boost go with a whipple or kenne bell. It will def void your warranty unless you got a roush supercharger for it, which i think comes with a warranty from ford or something, but i wouldnt spend my money on it. There are planty on nice exhaust systems to go with, SLP and Bassani make some mean sounding exhaust systems, but are pricy. As far as everything extra that ya need, everything should come in the kit. I know when i had mine installed i ahd to get a bigger throttle body put in, and i think that was it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1) whats the best S/C to drop in? what additonal "things" will i have to get (guage...other accessories that my not be included) so far ive heard of whipple and Vortech.

We have been installing Saleen and Roush superchargers for our customers with Shelby GT's. They are clean, factory looking, and make great power.

2) Will it void my warranty? I keep hearing conflicting stories. The main one is ....."well if you buy the S/C from ford and have a ford authorized dealer install it you do not void the warranty! others tell me i absolutely do void it!

You do "void" the warranty, the installing dealer covers it for the most part. If someone has us install one we back the warranty ourselves.

3) what exhaust should i go with. ( i want a mean, sick, dont f*** w me sound!)

The stock Shelby GT exhaust is great and we have not had any customers change it.

4) What other bolt ons should i consider

The Shelby GT is a great car, most of our clients have just been bolting on the superchargers.

·
Registered
369 Posts
You might get more info in the GT section. The Shelby GT is a regular GT with some minor upgrades.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
You can order one from Shelby. The will install SC and other upgrades right there before you take delivery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't pay the inflated price for the Shelby GT, it's just an upgraded GT. You can buy the S/C and all the parts for a GT and save thousands.

·
Registered
121 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.