Ford Mustang Forum banner

2007 Shelby wheels on a 2011 GT two questions?

941 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  glyppus 
#1 ·
Hey guys
I have a chance to pick up a set of allmost never used wheels/tires off a 2007 Shelby FT 500

I am pretty sure they will fit, but just wanted to make sure

Also since our cars have the TPMS do the 2007 Shelby wheels have a TPMS If not, or a different setup will the stock TPMS sensors work in the Shelby 18 inch wheels ?

Thanks Don

#2 ·
I put a set of GT500 wheels on my 2010 GT, and have not heard that they won't fit a 2011.(but if you have the Brembo brakes,i've read they won't fit over them).

the 2007 TPMS system will not work on your car, you must have the 2011 sensors removed from your wheels and put into the GT500's...a simple/cheap rebuild kit does the trick...that's exactly what i did on mine.

the tires may be a staggered fit...just fyi...so you cannot rotate the tires front to back, some guys hate that.

good luck and send pics when you get them:bigthumbsup

#3 ·
Thanks for the info on the TPMS
can pickup a new set for the new tires
I am not worried about not being able to rotate the tires

Just sick and tired of the skinny assed tires that came on my car

Have to do something to get rid of these skinny tires

#4 ·
My buddy decided to keep them, so the hunt continures

******* :yelwacko:

#7 ·
I kept a set of barely driven g-Force T/A KDWs on 18's from my old 2007, in the hopes that they would fit my 2012. But with the Brembos on the 2012, I don't think they will fit.

I guess I'll find out for sure when the car comes home this weekend. :sosad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.