Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the CEL is on and I took the car in , code comes up lean bank 1. My guy at the shop basically says " it could be a million things on this car " and he clears the code. I know it could be a million things but Im sure there are the "most likely " suspects. I do have a CAI that was installed almost 2 weeks before the CEL came on. Actually my car was at a body shop for two days and when i picked it up the light came on...so i dont really know what to think....If its the intake , would it take 2 weeks to set the Check engine light on? And what are the repercussions of having the car running "lean" :headscratch:
My car is becoming more of a pain than it is fun...

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
ya, it could take a bit for it to come on depending on your driving conditions. right now i have a rich bank1 and rich bank 2 codes that came on a few days after installing a new tune, and i ran it hard for those few days before they came on. i hope its getting corrected soon. i`m thinking its your cai. put the stock box on it and clear the code,see what happens. lean is bad.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i have thrown that same code over a dozen times. It was linked to one of two factors. My oil separator was causing a vacum leak, and my air cone filter was falling off my CAI elbow. Make sure your CAI is nice and tight, not gaps in the connections. that is one of the most common reasons to throw this code.

And i am assuming that you do not have a tuner since you took it to a mechanic and had him read the code. I suggest getting a custom canned tune for your CAI. i bet that will fix the problem if your connections are already tight and secure.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i have thrown that same code over a dozen times. It was linked to one of two factors. My oil separator was causing a vacum leak, and my air cone filter was falling off my CAI elbow. Make sure your CAI is nice and tight, not gaps in the connections. that is one of the most common reasons to throw this code.

And i am assuming that you do not have a tuner since you took it to a mechanic and had him read the code. I suggest getting a custom canned tune for your CAI. i bet that will fix the problem if your connections are already tight and secure.
oh ya, i agree. check the hose from your valve cover into the cai too. mine didnt come with clamps, but i put some on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.