Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a member of a local Mustang club, in my area, which is an affiliate of the Mustang Club of America. In our recent news letter, they mention that, in 2008, Ford is going to be changing the current Mustang body style and introducing a 2008 "Bullit" mustang. I can only assume that this will be more of a fastback look, than what we already have, and will very closely resemble the 68 Mustang, fastback, GT, that Steve McQueen drove in the movie 'Bullit.' I don't have any facts, and I don't know if that is what Fords plans are, but I don't see how you could really reintroduce that much more of a fast back than what we already have. Has anybody heard the same?

·
Registered
622 Posts
stylnTang said:
I am a member of a local Mustang club, in my area, which is an affiliate of the Mustang Club of America. In our recent news letter, they mention that, in 2008, Ford is going to be changing the current Mustang body style and introducing a 2008 "Bullit" mustang. I can only assume that this will be more of a fastback look, than what we already have, and will very closely resemble the 68 Mustang, fastback, GT, that Steve McQueen drove in the movie 'Bullit.' I don't have any facts, and I don't know if that is what Fords plans are, but I don't see how you could really reintroduce that much more of a fast back than what we already have. Has anybody heard the same?
the original Mach 1. Now that was a fastback!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Been hearing from alot of sources that the current body style is short term. 3 to 4 years max. Ford rumors has it already has a new body style for the 08 model year. But this is all rumors now. Why would Ford change for the current version ? Maybe they have something more aggressive in the works.
Only time will tell... In the mean time nothing can beat the looks and performance of the new breed of pony.

G

·
god i hope they change it quick...can you imagine what our cars would be worth if they change the body in 3 years?go ford go....maybe the new look will be the old 88 5.0 look but in a new-retro thing...if ford can top this body style i'll eat a truck drivers shorts

G

·
maybe in 2008 they'll make a hybrid stang so the rest of the world wont hate us so much while they drive their electric cars and we rumble by in this new american wave of mustangs,gtos,chargers,challengers,camaros and bengals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If there's a 2008 body change coming, it's got to be one of the world's best kept secrets! It takes a good year or so to re-tool for a major body change and they've just tooled up for the Shelby, besides we haven't even seen "spy" photos. Then again, why wouldn't Ford make it known so they could start the hype to get everyone's juices flowin;.....ala the Shelby. I know there's a lot of people waiting for something like a a Bullitt or a Boss or even a Mach 1 to go with the Shelby.....just like in the late 60's. I, for one, would really like to see a a stripped down Mustang packed with a major power plant, drive train, and suspension system to hit the road with.....but all I've seen is a lot of wishin' and hopin' from the enthusiasts.

·
Registered
622 Posts
mrGT said:
I, for one, would really like to see a a stripped down Mustang packed with a major power plant, drive train, and suspension system to hit the road with......
nd a roll cage built in from the factory!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.