Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of an odd question, but I recently saw a 2008 Bullitt GT for sale online at one of my local ford dealerships. It's one of about 1500 black 08 bullitts made, not sure how many of those made it into canada where i am, but i'm sure its no more than a few hundred. The dealer has it listed for $25,995 with 32,000 km (19,900 miles) on the clock. That seems rather high to me, considering the number of 2012 GT/CS's i've seen listed locally for around the $27,000 mark with just slightly higher mileage. I was just wondering if you guys think the Bullitt would hold its value enough in the long run to justify that price tag, or if the dealer is bat crap crazy...

Also, given the choice, which of the two would you pick?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I like the 2008 body style more then the 2012 ... But thats just me :heha:

I would think the 2008 would be worth more in the long run- But I'm sure that long run is very long .... facepalm2.gif

·
Registered
9,969 Posts
I like the 08-09 Bullitts a LOT, they are very cool cars. They are somewhat rare and unique, numbered special editions. But that said, I think their appeal and "collectability" is somewhat limited -- fans of the movie place some value on that, and the limited production adds some value . . . but frankly I don't think it adds up to very much and I doubt you will see a big difference in value in the future. Like anything else, it depends on whether someone really wants it enough to pay extra for it.

For about the same money, I would go for the 2012 for sure.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I recently saw a 2008 Bullitt GT for sale online at one of my local ford dealerships.
The dealer has it listed for $25,995 with 32,000 km (19,900 miles) on the clock. That seems rather high to me
Rather high? Try ridiculously high. That's not much less than what the car would have cost when it was new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, thanks for the fast replies guys, obviously a great community on this site!

I think i may try to test drive the bullitt this weekend and try to talk some sense into the dealer...if they're unwilling to come down in price i'll probably just walk...I'm not in a hurry to buy anything right now, especially with winter fast approaching. I just wondered if the bullitt would be worth jumping on before its gone, but i doubt the dealer will be able to get rid of it at that price. Maybe if its still there in the spring i'll make them a lowball offer on it :heha:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Go check out Welcome to the Home of the "Bullittheads" to see what some of the Bullitts there have been selling for in Steve's Used Car Lot. That price is a little high, but honestly, it isn't terribly high for the mileage and it being a Canada car. They are generally more expensive than in the states. I would offer $5k less and see what you get. Bullitts do hold their value better. When I sold my '01 last year it was worth about $2k more than a regular GT. The 08-09s are also holding value better.

The Bullitt community is great and is more than just movie fans. It is a real family type feeling if you invest in it. We have annual gatherings and some local gatherings as well. Its a pretty tight group of folks who really help each other out. That is part of the benefit of owning a Bullitt. Personally, I'd never own a color other than DHG :D

Performance wise the Bullitt is great, but they certainly don't compare to a '12 GT. The Bullitt became the standard for the follow-on GT until the Coyote came out. Just like the Boss is now the standard for the next model. You have to decide if you can live without the extra power that is the Bullitt but enjoy having a somewhat exclusive car and part of a unique community. Don't buy the Bullitt for collectability. It will be, but you'll have to wait 50 years.

You can't go wrong with either choice. Shop around for other Bullitts and you'll probably find a better deal...and in the right color sarcastic.gif

·
Registered
588 Posts
I guess if your looking to buy a Bullet, your not looking to Mod it too much....why pay the extra $$ and then lower the value, unless you love the Bullet. The Bullet has it owe looks and style, not much difference in performance.
It will soon be 3 body styles old, 2005 to 2009, 2010, then 2011 to 2014...now the new Mustang is coming out....think I have that right.
I would lo ball them them and see what they do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Personally I'd go best of both and buy the Bullitt but add the GT/CS front and rear bumpers- that's just me and from a simply cosmetic view. After that I'd do whatever I could think of to get it more '68 looking. However if you're into value, then keep it original.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Personally I'd go for the Bullitt and keep it as original as possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts