Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Roush Stage 1 convertible (basically a GT with lowered suspension and extra pretty plastic bits). It has the Roush light bar fitted. Can anyone recommend a real roll bar that will either fit alongside the light bar or replace it and allow the soft top to still operate and meet the requirements of race tracks offering non-competitative track days? Ideally it would look as good as the light bar or can be (easily!) removed when I'm not attending a track day. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
nothing that is made in mass production. I myself have the MRT Two-toned light bar, the best looking light bar for the S197 IMO. Its not a fully functional roll bar however

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
MRT 2-tone light bar

Agreed, it's a great looking light bar. Shape/Style seems very similar to the Roush but the extra color stripe certainly makes it seem more a part of the car. Fortunately my Roush is gray so it really wouldn't make much difference on my car :winks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking for one as well, I've found a few site selling 4 point roll bars, but I've yet to see pics with one installed. If anyone has 4 point roll bar, please post pics.:laughlitt

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have seen two Autopower roll bars installed in S197 convertibles. One was in a Vista Blue car and was painted body color. It was designed to do a job, so it had swingable/removable braces in the door openings, and safety harness mounts behind the driver. It looked very good, and serious. I expect I'll eventually go for one of those in my black car.

The other was gloss black but had a leather hoop and main braces cover in something pretty close to tan-upholstery color, all in a Candy Apple Metallic car. No door bars or harness bar. It, too, looked quite good.

Both were cleared by the top when up.

I've had four or five Autopower rollover bars in various cars, but never tested one. Thank goodness.

Autopower Industries - Roll Bars

I don't remember who installed this bar in a Shelby GT convertible, but it was neat, didn't disturb the upholstery much, and fit with the stylin' bar. You might go to TeamShelby.com and ask there.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.