Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
I owned a Dodge before, you can't give me another one.
Have to admit though they did a nice job with the exterior on the Challengers

The new Challenger is HOT. Some of you guys are missing the point of the car; Dodge has given us an alternative to the ecno-boxes, ricers and SUV's, and a very nice alternative at that. This car was never supposed to be a "super car", and the fact that it has less hp than the GT500 will mean nothing to the people that will buy it (myself included). It's an old school style "muscle car", plain and simple. The people that will buy it don't care if it's not fastest muscle car on the block. The people that will buy it will not care if it weighs 4000 lbs. It has over 400hp, the modern amenities that most people enjoy and looks cool as hell. Those assets alone are good enough for the people that will buy it (myself included). :bigthumbsup

Oh, and in case anyone's thinkin about gettin froggy with the whole "Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge" thing, who gives a fuk; my Challenger will be sitting right next my Stang, which will be sitting right next to my Camaro. :gringreen

Could you be my long-lost-unknown twin?? I agree with everything you said! :bigthumbsup

Just wish I had your $$... I'd buy one of each, too! :hihi:

I bought my Pony because I could NOT resist the retro Mustang COOLNESS. She's a V6 Automatic, therefore, not anywhere NEAR the fastest thing out there (don't get me wrong, though... She absolutely kicks a$$ in everything I need her to do - we don't race)... But she's awesome, beautiful, and I love her and I get tons of envied comments! :D

It looks like the madness is carrying over to the Challenger SRT8s, with several on eBay for $10K over sticker.
All specialty cars can be priced subject to supply and demand. The first 2005 Mustang GTs (especially the convertibles) were marked up over sticker by dealers, as were the first of the retro T-Birds. The mark-ups went away after supply caught up with demand. In order to maintain such mark-ups, the manufacturer has to artificially limit production in order to keep supply equal to or lower than demand. If I was going to get a Challenger, I would rather wait and get a 2009 with a 6-speed manual than overpay for a 2008 automatic in the rush to be one of the first to get one.

Two letters from AutoWeek readers, published in the June 9th issue, voiced their shock and disgust at Nissan dealers charging $10K over sticker for the new limited production Skyline GT-R. Both readers vowed to never buy any Nissan as a result of Nissan allowing their dealers to sell above sticker. Those readers just don't get it. One wrote: "Why would anyone consider buying any Nissan if they allow dealerships to sell vehicles above market price?" In the case of a brand new and very limited production car such as the GT-R, the market is setting the initial price well above sticker.

This car just smacks of bad design. It's almost 4300 pounds! In order to out perform a low end Mustang GT they had to give it 110 more hp! Who in their right mind does this these days. Only Chrysler I guess. Cars are supposed to be becoming lighter and more fuel efficient. Then they throw 20" wheels to fill the wheel wells. They had to over-engineer many aspects of this car because of an inefficient core. The Mustang GT is about $15K less than sticker and $20K less than the going price. Only Car & Driver can get away with overlooking these points.

I was hoping for a better retro look. I think they're close. That front end bothers me. Still, I'm glad to see it because it will make Ford make the Mustang even better. Not impressed with the Camaro either. But who knows, maybe GM will give the Mustang competition. Again, it will make Ford make the Mustang better.

So it's all good in the end.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.