Ford Mustang Forum banner

2008 GT 62mm throttle body...

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Moore137 
#1 ·
I’m finishing up the mods to my 2008 gt and Im thinking about upgrading to a 62mm throttle body. I’ve already added 40,000v coil packs, a Roush CAI, and I have a Pypes axle-back muffler delete exhaust system. Has anyone had any issues with back pressure with similar mods? Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Unless you have cams, ported heads, intake, LT headers and plan on spinning the motor above 6500rpm a lot.....or are running a PD blower at over 550hp you are wasting your money on a TB.

#3 ·
thanks Sqidd. Im trying to keep it simple so I think Im finished with mods for now. :smoke:

#4 ·
It's really just a expensive shiny paper weight, save your $$ :yup:

#5 ·
Hey Moore137, off topic but how do you like those motive 3.90 gears?

#6 ·
sorry Tango the gears are scheduled to go in today as a matter of fact. I'm in Afghanistan right now but my dad's taking care of my mods for me. I'll let you know what he says about the gears. So far he's impressed with what little Ive put into it.
Thanks for the input guys. I have another question; When should I consider replacing the stock limited slip differential?

#8 · (Edited)
I've heard that 3.90 gears can be tricky.
I've got 40000 miles on my car and can still lay down very even black strips with mickeys DR and 450 rwhp with the factory diff

I've been to Afghanistan twice,(Canadian Infantry) keep your eyes and ears open, and good luck!!

#7 ·
I still have the stock TB, but I did paint it to match the body. I will go with the FRPP because they are so perty.

#9 ·
Good to know Tango. I kind of figured that the stock dif would hold up didnt want any surprises. Gears are being installed as I write. Only hang up was the sh*t bags that rotated my tires didnt return my lug lock so they "improvised". I told dad to get rid of em when he gets it back for that reason. Will do man, I'm out of here Oct 2012 with 30 days off every 6 months. Been here since Oct 2010

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.