Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<<---
Thinking of selling my baby to ease relocation struggles to another state.

2008 GT/CS, 49000 mi.
Manual
Two tone heated leather
Dual power seats
Shaker 500 w/ 6 disc mp3
Very Clean and meticulously maintained. (Arizona Car, zero snow & very little rain)

Respectfully modified but not not overdone. Excellent street manners.

5PSI E-Force street kit & 4.10's. Dyno tuned for 91. Factory Cats, will pass CA emissions all day long AND make quick work of a new 5.0.

Puts down 408rwhp/400rwtq SAE on the rollers. (Figure 14% drive line loss and that's probably real close to Edlebrock's claimed 466 flywheel HP for this kit)

Other goodies include Aeroforce w/ wideband O2 and Autometer boost gauges installed in an SOS pillar pod and an AFCO Racing aluminum radiator (new in box, not installed)

See signature for more details.

Again, not listed for sale officially just yet (or else this would be posted in For Sale section). Wanted to get some feedback on a fair price first..

Thanks,
-HD

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
I'd expect to pay about 18-20K, unfortunately mods really don't add to resale prices, it does sound nice however.

·
Registered
604 Posts
pay to have it transported to where you are going to be. Just my 0.02 cents

·
Registered
169 Posts
pay to have it transported to where you are going to be. Just my 0.02 cents
I agree....also agree on no extra $ paid for mods. Just the way the law of supply & demand works. Actually, you might get more without the mods. Supercharged can scare off some buyers.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ya, take it with you. I would drive it to its new home, would make for a great relaxing road trip in the times of a stressful move

·
Registered
256 Posts
You are probably better off removing your mods and selling them seperately and the car with out them on it. You would probably get more money for everything that way.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I agree, sell the Mods and put it back to Stock, MOD's Scare the Buyer away, they think it was Beat on and Abused. Since it's a GT CS I'd say around $19K I've seen 07 and 08 GT's with 15-20K on them selling for $17-$18K around here

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I would take the s/c off and sell the car with the rest of the mods on it. You could probably get some nice money for it right here. Not sure what you'd want for it?

As far as getting it to the new place. Pay someone to drive it there (if you cant for whatever reason) and give them a plane ticket home.

If you sell it private, you will get better value. Advertise the blower, and the mods, and hope for the right people to see it.

IMO if you can get the car there, do it:bigthumbsup You put a ton of money and work and thought into it.

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Selling off the mods (at least the supercharger) and keeping the car is starting to sound like the more attractive option right now.

Basically, I'm just looking to put as much extra $$$ in my pocket and cover some moving expenses. Selling the car seemed like a reasonable way to do it if I could turn a few thousand over my payoff. But selling the mods and keeping the car might be a better way to go.

So...
What could I reasonably expect to get for the parts?

Here's what I would be willing to part out of the car if I were gonna sell off the mods:

E-Force Blower, 15k miles, 5PSI w/ beauty covers, wiring harnesses, intercooler, pumps, hoses, injectors, MAF sensor, and Predator handheld (basically everything the #1580 kit came with minus the HT0 spark plugs.)

GT500 pumps w/ Ford factory retrofit wiring harnesses and extra FPDM.

SOS dual pillar pod w/ Autometer Cobalt Mechanical Boost gauge & single Aeroforce Intercepter gauge w/ wideband sensor kit (probably due for a new sensor soon though the old one is still going strong and was still pretty spot on with the Dyno back in Feb. Uses BOSCH LSU 4.9)

Some used SLP Loudmouth axlebacks, still look pretty, no major scrapes, pitting, etc.

4.10's I'll be keeping FWIW.:bigthumbsup

-HD

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You can probably get $2K-3K+ for the blower.

Damn, I wish I had the extra cash cause I'd send to you immediately. You can try sending a PM to cwhit23. He is interested in that exact s/c and for a price he probably wouldn't be able to help himself:shigrin:gringreen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts