Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a automatic 2008 GT and every once in a while when I am going about 55-65 MPH and I give it alot of gas to pass (usually goes into 3rd around 4,000 RPMS), it feels like my engine cuts out in the middle of 4000 RPM to the redline 6000RPMs for a split second, as if the traction control comes on saying I am peeling out and cuts the engine. But I am definitely not peeling out.

It doesnt happen every time, but it has happened a couple times now. I am wondering if this has happened to anyone, or if this is a sign of something going bad.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Maybe a fuel pump issue.

S

·
0 Posts
That sounds exactly like the TSB that was on the fuel pumps for the 06's. I don't know if it was a problem on the 05's or anything after 06 but I had mine replaced under warranty for the same reason you describe. You're at road speed... traveling for a while so the engine is fully warmed... punch it and it falls flat and then kicks in.

It had something to do with the design of the pump letting air bubbles into the mix. Once they replaced my pump I've not had the issue even once.

You might follow that angle just in case it helps.

:bigthumbsup

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
It had something to do with the design of the pump letting air bubbles into the mix. Once they replaced my pump I've not had the issue even once.
I agree, dead head style fuel systems are just plain stupid. Good for emissions, horrible for driveability. What you are describing is one of the downsides of a dead head fuel system. The car wouldn't do it with a return system because the fuel i the rails would always be cool, fresh and at a constant psi.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have the same problem with my stang ('06 - auto). It's happened since it was new. The sc makes it more pronounced. It does seem like it is a temporary fuel starvation issue. It doesn't seem to matter whether or not I have the traction control on or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.