Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to install an aluminum drive shaft for a while now, and have decided to go with shaftmasters. but i do have a few questions about the shaft before i buy it. First off i have seen many threads where people say they love the 3.5 in shaft but all i can find for sell is the 4 in one. Anyone know where to get the 3.5 in one? Also my car has been lowered has anyone had any problems with clearance on these shafts? Last question... anyone had any increase in NVH with this shaft?

Here is the one i am looking at
Mustang Aluminum Shaft 05-08 V8GT w/Adapter Plate - $499.99 : Shaftmasters, Quality Parts and Service at a Great Price

·
Registered
176 Posts
i have a 4" drive shaft and my car is lowerd. ive never scraped it once. my headers actualy drag before anything else...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have been wanting to install an aluminum drive shaft for a while now, and have decided to go with shaftmasters. but i do have a few questions about the shaft before i buy it. First off i have seen many threads where people say they love the 3.5 in shaft but all i can find for sell is the 4 in one. Anyone know where to get the 3.5 in one? Also my car has been lowered has anyone had any problems with clearance on these shafts? Last question... anyone had any increase in NVH with this shaft?

Here is the one i am looking at
Mustang Aluminum Shaft 05-08 V8GT w/Adapter Plate - $499.99 : Shaftmasters, Quality Parts and Service at a Great Price
I am currently running the same shaft in my 07 Shelby GT which is lowered about 1.5". I am also using Steeda's drive shaft loop. I installed a steeda upper control arm last week and now I am having a little rubbing issue. We had to put some small washers between the drive shaft loop and the body to create a little more space when the suspension unloads. The shaft angle changed a bit when I went with the short upper arm from steeda. I think If I would have used the stock length arm I would be okay. So far the spacers seem to have worked and I am not getting any other issues. Hope this helps some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.