Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Got the boss 429 style hood scoop painted and installed next is the cdc chin spoiler

Attachments

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Looks great!! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
448 Posts
Looks good on yours too, glad you got it done and are satisfied with it. Told you there wasnt a problem seeing over it,hardly even know its there. Awesome look,congrats! Brent

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i barely notice my roush hood scoop as well. i was worried as well about visual impairment but it just looks so darn good. :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
i barely notice my roush hood scoop as well. i was worried as well about visual impairment but it just looks so darn good. :)
My sister has an '07 WRX and that thing has a good sized scoop on it. It wasn't in the way too much, but I know what you mean about hood scoops lookin' good, especially from the driver's seat! I'm tempted to get one on my hood now, too....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks very nice... Is it just held on with 3M tape?
actually theres 2 bolts plus the 3M tape that hold it on, glad you like it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where did you pick that scoop up? The only place I seem to be able to find it is ponybuilder.com . And what did you pay cause I've wanted that thing since day one so I think it's time. :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
good looking scoop!!! U won't be sorry about the chin spoiler either. buy it ASAP!!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where did you pick that scoop up? The only place I seem to be able to find it is ponybuilder.com . And what did you pay cause I've wanted that thing since day one so I think it's time. :)
hmmm tough question, i cant remember for the life of me to tell you the truth. just type boss 429 hood scoop in the goolgle search bar im sure you'll find it. i think it was like 180 or somthing cheap like that plus anothe 100 or so to get it installed

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
good looking scoop!!! U won't be sorry about the chin spoiler either. buy it ASAP!!!!
yeah i got the chin spoiler like 2 months ago and your right im not sorry. it really makes it stand out especially if its next to a gt without one.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
You know when I first read the thread title I was thinking it wasn't going to look right. The Boss 429 hood scoops were so big but with the rest of the car they looked good. Just didn't think it would be proportional on an S197.

However, I was surprised to see just how good it looks on your car! I really like it! Nice job!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Now where have I seen one of those before???? Oh yea on MY hood but redfire. Looks great on your car also. Congrats good choice

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for all the complements, to be honest i get tons and tons of stares( but who in a 05+ dosen't). On the way home to New York for the 4th of July a guy almost fell out of his window, on the highway,staring as i went by. That was a fun trip lol:gringreen

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks great.

I would like to get one of those and put a BOSS 429 under it!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if i had the money it would already be in there lol:D

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Looks Great.

(I must of missed this thread from 3/08)

·
Registered
971 Posts
Looks great.

I would like to get one of those and put a BOSS 429 under it!
A buddy of mine at work came across a 427R side oiler engine in the crate a couple of years ago (you know those little ole lady stories....the woman sold it to him for 3500 because her husband had died and she was dumping everything he had). When he checked the serial number on it he found that it was a fairly rare Ford racing engine and brand spanking new to boot. He put it in a 67 fastback with two Holley 800 or 1000 carbs on top and it is cranking out a little over 800 hp the last time on the dyno......he says he gets about 3-4 mpg and it is hell to drive but he loves it. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A buddy of mine at work came across a 427R side oiler engine in the crate a couple of years ago (you know those little ole lady stories....the woman sold it to him for 3500 because her husband had died and she was dumping everything he had). When he checked the serial number on it he found that it was a fairly rare Ford racing engine and brand spanking new to boot. He put it in a 67 fastback with two Holley 800 or 1000 carbs on top and it is cranking out a little over 800 hp the last time on the dyno......he says he gets about 3-4 mpg and it is hell to drive but he loves it. :bigthumbsup
wow talk about luck

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.