Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there added an CIA to a GT/CS and notice any difference. I am new to all this and it seems to me that on the CS has a pretty good box already, it's big and right on the fender wall with the silencer right there in the fender well. Will I be wasting money Adding a CIA.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
You will still see a considerable improvement with an intake. The air tube is very restrictive.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
CAI is one of the best bang for your buck mod you can get for an S197 mustang. You will also need a re-tune for 99% of them

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, stuff like this is what I need answered.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Go for it. Easily one of the best first mods.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
+1 on the CAI first, although a gear change would also help noticeably on "quickness" off the line: however, it's not the cheapest "power" (actually, "quickness") upgrade; depending on who does the install, you're probably looking at $300 and up PLUS the cost of the gearsthemselves, which maybe another $200 +; then there's always the potential hassle of the install not going right and your having to go back to get it re-done.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
CAI and tune is a must. You will notice a difference right away.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What CAI is the best for the Mustang?Should you go Ford or Roush,Or something like KN,There is a big difference in price.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
+1 on the JLT: if you shop it you can get the kit and SCTX3 for just over $500 (I can't recall where now but it's out there).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2008 GT/CS, and I added the BBK CAI a month after I got it. I noticed the difference IMMEDIATELY. I have not tuned it yet (was waiting to get my throttle body and headers installed). Definitely worth it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Don't be overly concerned about which CAI since the CAI is only 20%-25% of the power adder in the CAI & tune combo. Brenspeed and Bamachips tunes are some of the best and you can go on their websites to view their combos. Let your eyes and wallet dictate which CAI to get as they're all equivalent in performance. It's the tune that's the kicker. A CAI & tune will net you roughly 20-25+ RWHP whereas a CAI w/o a tune will net you roughly 5 RWHP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.