Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry in advance for what may be simple question and answer. I did a search on threads first and did not find the answer.

I purchased a under hood dress up kit that has the brushed chrome dip stick handle included.

It has what appears to be a small pin attaching the actual handle to the dipstick itself. The new handle has the hole in the same place which implies the pin must be reused to attach.

Question, is the small pin something that you just punch through to remove with a punch and hammer or must it be removed in a different manner?

thanks again

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Sorry in advance for what may be simple question and answer. I did a search on threads first and did not find the answer.

I purchased a under hood dress up kit that has the brushed chrome dip stick handle included.

It has what appears to be a small pin attaching the actual handle to the dipstick itself. The new handle has the hole in the same place which implies the pin must be reused to attach.

Question, is the small pin something that you just punch through to remove with a punch and hammer or must it be removed in a different manner?

thanks again
As long as it has a hole in both sides you can use a pin punch to remove it and install it in the new handle.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Travelers,
yes it does.

Hoping to see if anyone else has installed this Scott Drake dipstick handle.

thanks

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, got it. Done and looks great!! :wavey

·
Registered
781 Posts
lol just cause i love the commercial.... Think with ur dipstick.... JIMMY :bigthumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.