Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a set of flowmaster 40 series mufflers put on my 2008 GT. Then just for kicks I browsed the flowmaster website and got a bit concerned. The only mufflers I saw specifically advertised for the 2005 and up mustangs were those direct bolt on expensive jobs with the tips and curved inlet pipe already on. That is not what the guy put on my car. He put on a set of the original 40 series. It looks like to get them on he just cut the stock pipes flush where they entered the stock mufflers. It appears he then cut the inlet tube off flush off the flows and just welded them on to the stock pipes. He cut my stock tips off and welded them on to the flows. It looks good and sounds great but i just wanted to make sure that set up will work fine and not give me any trouble. There is no way I could have afforded those direct bolt on jobs.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
You will be fine. When I bought my mustang, it had the flow 40s on it. How much did you pay? Around here, shops charge $300-350 to fab a 40 series set-up for an 05-09 mustang.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I am in NC and the total job was $254.29, The guy really took his time, measured everything carefully etc.. It sounds good but it is good to know that others have seen or had this kind of thing done. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am in NC and the total job was $254.29, The guy really took his time, measured everything carefully etc.. It sounds good but it is good to know that others have seen or had this kind of thing done. Thanks again.
Flow 40s are not that uncommon on these mustangs.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
You will be fine, and sounds like you will still be able to take the axle-backs off and change them if you want to later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.