Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I purchase and the 08 GT sept. 2010 with 13,000 miles on it. Now its at 22,000 so in all respects its still fairly new. I bought it Certified Pre-Owned. Its a 5-speed Hurst it came that way. I put on slp axle backs. its been running great. I have been using mobil 1 oil and napa gold filters. I am on vacation and i have a vibration noise coming from over where the clutch, transmission and the exhaust manifolds come down. I have done the best to isolate the noise. if you pop the hood its not coming from up top its down below. I checked the oil its clean no metal shavings. I have found that at idle it doesn't really make the noise. It seems to only happen at certain rpms any where from 1200 to 1800. If anyone has any ideas it would be a great help. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Try checking out TSB 06-04-01 and TSB 08-2-10 in the TSB section of this forum. Perhaps one of these are what you are experiencing.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your help. I looked over them and gave it some thought. Then I removed the C&L Racer CAI and put it back to stock and returned the Tune to stock. It did quiet the sound down due to less grunt from the engine. I noticed that it takes a little driving to really be able to hear it now and I found that in 3rd gear above 1400 rpm you can hear it better. I think that this is def. a vibration problem somewhere and that in this gear gives it the right frequency to vibrate louder. Anyone know if the dealer might know anything about this?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I performed both TSB's mentioned above and it made a significant difference for the better with noise and vibration from the powertrain.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys I took it to the dealer. they couldn't find anything. I know its there even a friend heard it when I drove by in a parking lot. I have a feeling they don't want to do the warranty work. I am wondering if its a heat shield rubbing when the engine flexes.

F

·
0 Posts
OK. I purchase and the 08 GT sept. 2010 with 13,000 miles on it. Now its at 22,000 so in all respects its still fairly new. I bought it Certified Pre-Owned. I am on vacation and i have a vibration noise coming from over where the clutch, transmission and the exhaust manifolds come down.
hey guys I took it to the dealer. they couldn't find anything./quote]
Hello rgoddard57,

My name is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. Did you test drive the vehicle with them at your dealer to make sure you were able to recreate the issue? This would ensure that they are experiencing the same thing as you and help them pinpoint the concern. Please make another appointment with them and PM me with your dealer, VIN, mileage, and contact info so I can escalate this to your Customer Service Manager in your area for further assistance.

Deysha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts