Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am a newbie on this forum, but needed some qualified advice on what to do....

I got stang and I wasn't too happy of its ride. Having studied a lot of stuff, I decided to put Roush Stage 3 suspension kit on it. It improved the thing, however dropped the clearance by about 1" or so.

This year, I installed Hellion Turbo Kit on it. I would almost happy but... I got serious problems with clearance on it. The midpipe doesn't allow me neither to ride over the speedbump nor enter underground parking - I scratch it seriously each time and I can break the whole thing one day. Don't believe Hellion Kit doesn't decrease the clearance, it's complete lie, believe me.

I did some research and I found out that if I'd install GT500 springs (I found a full pack of them relatively cheap), they could possibly improve the clearance problems. I know that GT500 is heavier, but Turbo Kit added around 60 kg to the front. However my major concern here - will the shock and sway bars work together with these springs?? What combination of these elements might help me to make the ground clearance higher however still driveable!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
825 Posts
I assume that you have the 3" down pipes that come standard in the kit and run under the K member. Hellion sells a 2" set of pipes for lowered cars to provide addtional clearance. I would recommend that you call Hellion directly to get the details.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for advice! I will try to add GT500 springs and see if it fixes the problem. otherwise I'll try to get 2" pipes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts