Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to know exactly what's needed in order to replace windage tray. Looks like the engine will need to be raised. Any ideas, suggestions on easiest way to do this?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
can you give us a little more detail?
the windage try Im thinking about is in the engine. you wanta pull the oil pan and change it?
if so, why?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Save your money. The stock windage tray works just fine on the 4.6. Replacing it will gain you nothing.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Save your money. The stock windage tray works just fine on the 4.6. Replacing it will gain you nothing.
That's what I thought also, thanks for confirming that for me though.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
If the only rpm that your car saw was in the heighre range and there was evidence of a problem with the stock windage tray then I would replace it but on a non dedecated race engine its not needed.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Need to know exactly what's needed in order to replace windage tray
There is a stock windage tray. However an aftermarket could be installed but for a stock 3 valve turning 13.40s it would be a monumental waste of time and effort.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
The windage tray can be swapped without pulling the motor. Engine will need to be lifted a bit to get the oil pan out..

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess I read my previous post wrong. When I asked how to gain more hp staying n/a your reponse was:
Pulleys, CMCV plates, water pump, coils, better windage tray, aluminum driveshaft will get you a few more. If you have designs to crack 400 rwhp, you'll need some engine work.
Guess I'll look at pulleys instead :so

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Guess I read my previous post wrong. When I asked how to gain more hp staying n/a your reponse was:
Pulleys, CMCV plates, water pump, coils, better windage tray, aluminum driveshaft will get you a few more. If you have designs to crack 400 rwhp, you'll need some engine work.
Guess I'll look at pulleys instead :so
You're right, I did say windage tray. But I guess I was thinking more about my application. Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.