Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying an Air Charger High Flow Intake kit. Is it worth it or is the stock good? I read it will add a little bit more horsepower and easy to install. Any tips or better intake kits that are for sure a top end deal? Thanks

JUICE:bigthumbsup

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
There are better and less expensive intakes out there. Check the 2005+ section for lots of discussion on intakes.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Roush CAI

Roush makes a good intake. Looks almost OEM. Comes with a insert within the air intake tube that can be left in or removed after tune. Mine is still in so I haven't got to see the full power of it yet but I think it looks nice. I 'm just not one for the whole chrome thing. I like more stock appearance parts. Roush kit is very simple to install, took about 30min or so. Instructions with kit are spot on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,495 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
That is crazy, I had no idea Roush did that. I saw the pictures on you car a couple of days ago from another post and thought they looked identical. I bought that one for the looks anyway. Just didn't like the metal ones a lot of other manufacturer's use. I had a 94GT and had a MAC CAI and it was made of metal. That thing felt just as hot as the engine after you ran it for anytime at all. The plastic seems to stay alot cooler. The only problem I ran into with the Roush CAI was that the radiator extensions I bought had to be sent back and modified because of how big the housing is for the filter. Midwest Auto parts said that was just about the only CAI on the market that would do that, just my luck.
The Roush is actually just a rebranded Airaid. I had the Airaid on mine before I went supercharged.Very good quality and excellent customer service.:bigthumbsup
AIRAID Filter Company

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
the K & N gives definitely notceable HP gains, I enjoy it. But as STL said, there are better ones out there. I plan on changing myself, so if you want one, PM me. IMO, the 3 best ones out there are Steeda, C & L, and JLT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.